Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > Vanity Pack 2.0.0 Beta is Available for Testing

Wackostix

He'll eventually get to you mampfaxo, just be patient.

--

Baaaacon.....nom..

December 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

mampfaxo12 at December 2, 2012 at 4:08 AM

I have send a private message But he dont send me the Link

LOL You're the one I was beating the other day in Stunt Runs... But I don't need VP for that, just my R-Turbo.

Anyway, just let him get to you; he'll give you the link. In any case, I think we're getting close to being done, so if you wanna wait, it won't be long.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

December 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rofl101

burninrubber0 at December 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM

mampfaxo12 at December 2, 2012 at 4:08 AM

I have send a private message But he dont send me the Link

LOL You're the one I was beating the other day in Stunt Runs... But I don't need VP for that, just my R-Turbo.

Anyway, just let him get to you; he'll give you the link. In any case, I think we're getting close to being done, so if you wanna wait, it won't be long.

most of the time it is the next day :3

--

got to optimise burnout  paradise for my new graphics card

December 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SKYFAY

I have problems with the new vanity pack are cars only silver and I can not drive to big surf island 

December 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

SKYFAY at December 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I have problems with the new vanity pack are cars only silver and I can not drive to big surf island 

Did they look like this? http://burnouthints.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/17303309-vp-2-0-unleashed-
--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

December 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wackostix

If they look like what burninrubber stated above, you're not running the executable that he's saying you should with it. If that's not it, you may not have fully downloaded it/installed it somehow.

--

Baaaacon.....nom..

December 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Wackostix at December 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

If they look like what burninrubber stated above, you're not running the executable that he's saying you should with it. If that's not it, you may not have fully downloaded it/installed it somehow.

Well, that's the editing protection, so it's doubtful that's his problem. The other possibility is that he hadn't completed offline mode when he installed VP and had no knowledge of the platinum finish. I think the latter is more likely. Put simply, he's a noob.
--

December 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mr_bingley

burninrubber0 at December 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Wackostix at December 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Well, that's the editing protection, so it's doubtful that's his problem. The other possibility is that he hadn't completed offline mode when he installed VP and had no knowledge of the platinum finish. I think the latter is more likely. Put simply, he's a noob.

The exact same thing happens when you run BP without starting the VP first.

--

EA Origin killed my burnout username. -> mr_bingley is now Abexuro

December 12, 2012 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

slashcammas

Sometimes VP doesn't initialize all the way even after the game has started (some players were encountering this problem last night in my room). My suggestions:

1. Make sure VP is running when you start the game (you only need to run vanitypack.exe, since it uses a modified executable that it will launch automatically.

2. Reboot. Rebooting will solve 95-98% of computer problems.

3. Reinstall Vanity pack.

4. This may be a new issue that has not yet been encountered, as such you should message smilingfrog directly and explain it to him. If you ask nicely, I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

--

December 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zibob

I had similar issues and also some where anything but the Steam version would not work. Now that Beta 4 is along I had the same issues untill I set the compatibility to Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (the same as what I have the BurnoutParadise.exe set to). Might help might not, always worth a try. Try XP service pack 3 compatibility also if vista does not work. This is all assuming that you are running windows 7.

December 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

slashcammas

Originally posted by Burningrubber0 (deleted by accident, sorry)

Not to me it doesn't. It's just a normal BP. That said, most problems from VP are still there, so without BSI there's no point in using that executable, but when you launch the oroginal game, 75% of the time the game will crash after the network screen, so you can't use it, only the one used for VP. Thanks for the suggestion though.

--

December 13, 2012 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

slashcammas at December 13, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Originally posted by Burningrubber0 (deleted by accident, sorry)

Not to me it doesn't. It's just a normal BP. That said, most problems from VP are still there, so without BSI there's no point in using that executable, but when you launch the oroginal game, 75% of the time the game will crash after the network screen, so you can't use it, only the one used for VP. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks Slashy, but BTW you forgot that I quoted mr. bingley, and that my username hasn't got a g.
--

December 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

matsilagi_mk2

Could someone help me?

The password for the rar is not working anymore.

It worked last time

--

December 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

Check your inbox. I just responded to a bunch of requests, yours included. I think you might have used a newer installer with an older password.

--
<Insert HUGE signature picture here>

December 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rorossi

smilingfrog at December 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Check your inbox. I just responded to a bunch of requests, yours included. I think you might have used a newer installer with an older password.

--

yo forg....am gettin sum bug's lyk if i drive around in BSI for alot of tyme in a BSI car my game crashes.....nd can u add offline support to VP?

--

December 17, 2012 at 3:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

matsilagi_mk2

Loving the mod so far!

The only thing that i dont like much is the fact that if you drive any added car, all the cars will be the same on Singleplayer.

Aside from that, mod works fine, no crashes or such!

--

December 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

leckmichdoch77

hey folks! i know some of you from playing burnout online....recently found this forum after looking for a possibility to play burnout island on my pc....im pretty excited what you can do with vanity pack....and i think some problems got solved, since my burnout didn't crash anymore recently when somebody drives a non standart car.
but i would be really keen about vanity pack 2.0....since there is yet only a closed beta, can you tell when the final version will be available?

December 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rafael

leckmichdoch77 at December 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM

hey folks! i know some of you from playing burnout online....recently found this forum after looking for a possibility to play burnout island on my pc....im pretty excited what you can do with vanity pack....and i think some problems got solved, since my burnout didn't crash anymore recently when somebody drives a non standart car.
but i would be really keen about vanity pack 2.0....since there is yet only a closed beta, can you tell when the final version will be available?

Well, you could ask SmillingFrog for it, as most probably he will give you ;). About final date, I don't know.

December 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Rorossi at December 17, 2012 at 3:38 AM

smilingfrog at December 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM

--

yo forg....am gettin sum bug's lyk if i drive around in BSI for alot of tyme in a BSI car my game crashes.....nd can u add offline support to VP?

The reason there's no offline support is to keep people with pirated games from using it. (That's just a guess, but at least it's an educated guess.)

--

December 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Serrmix

@slushcammas stop deleting my posts or i will shutdown this site

--

December 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.