Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > Vanity Pack 2.0.0 Beta is Available for Testing

Melex

i had this Problem to. Install Burnout Paradise new without Steam or Orgin and you can play online. Smillingfrog will this fix on the next Patch.    Smillingfrog wroto in a Pm:

Are you using Steam? There was an issue with going to online freeburn using Steam, which will be fixed in the next release.

If you're not using Steam, then I'm not sure what's going on. Is it crashing your game right when you go to online freeburn or after some time?

November 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

0_-crasHero-_-

I'm not sure if this was alre ady covered somewhere else,  but at the beginning of the game when you go select the DLC/BSI  vehicles only 14 vehicles actually load.

The list initially say 35 vehicles are in that category, but the DLC cars are unselectable. One way around that is to open up the DLC unlocker (by serrmix) going back into the game and select the car you want. However if you want to switch vehicles later on the DLC vehicles are not even included in the list.

There's something about completing a stunt run in the BSI and returning to PC, the game crashes shorlty after, everytime.

Crashing near the Aquarium on the beach or on either end of the beach will reset you where you entered the beach. Meaning, if you entered the beach on the South side and crashed on the North end you'd most likely reset on the South end. I don't remember this from my PS3 days. Also the shaders are a bit slow to load.

If you are not sure your host or anyone else has BSI or not DO NOT choose a BSI vehicle for a race. It will crash their game.

This looks good so far though, whish we ould get the traffic going, and other players, it's a bit empty :)

--
crash and burn
November 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RohanKeaton

The DLC Unlocker doesn't work with The update for me.
Help?

November 6, 2012 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

0_-crasHero-_-

RohanKeaton at November 6, 2012 at 6:04 AM

The DLC Unlocker doesn't work with The update for me.
Help?

Start Vanity Pack

With the game running and the screen set at the choose vehicle page, go back to your desktkop, open the DLC Unlocker, and press 1 or (2 for steam)

Close the Unlocker (otherwise it'll crash)

Go back to the game and enter the DLC/BSI

All vehicles in that list should be available this time

I'm not sure if this is by design for now, but my problem is when I go back into the junkyard only 14 vehicles load. Does anyone know if this has to do with the unlocker crashing. Is the unlocker not supposed to run with this version in the first place

Note: Vanity Pack 2.0 and the DLC Unlocker are the only tools I use.

--
crash and burn
November 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rofl101
The dlc unlocker worked fine for me but I don't use the save file and I have vanity pack beta 2
--

got to optimise burnout  paradise for my new graphics card

November 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

I no longer use any DLC, at least not usually, but CheatEngine can't open or else VP will crash, so I can't edit the memory to unlock DLC anymore. Oh well, I lived without it before, didn't I? ☺

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

November 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SKYFAY

where can i download Vanity Pack 2.0.0 

November 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

SKYFAY at November 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

where can i download Vanity Pack 2.0.0 

Private Message (PM) Smilingfrog or, if I get his permission, I could send it to you.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

November 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

burninrubber0 at November 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I no longer use any DLC, at least not usually, but CheatEngine can't open or else VP will crash, so I can't edit the memory to unlock DLC anymore. Oh well, I lived without it before, didn't I? ☺

dlc can be easily unlocked by moving them in other category (cars/bikes/online cars).

like in RV 1.4

--

November 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

oleg_aka_djmeg at November 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM

burninrubber0 at November 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

dlc can be easily unlocked by moving them in other category (cars/bikes/online cars).

like in RV 1.4

I've been told that before. It really doesn't matter; adding an entire area is enough for me. And with BSI cars, I don't really need the DLC ones.

In other news, Barack Obama won the election... And I can't think of anything else to say, except that politics are boring.

Now, moving on...

--

November 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gimmy

where is download? 

November 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wackostix

PM smilingfrog and he will eventually get to you with it.

--

Baaaacon.....nom..

November 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SKYFAY

how to uninstall ?

November 12, 2012 at 5:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wien

maybe use the uninstaller in the vanity pack folder? i think this could be work :)

November 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MrTrumpzer

I have already written to smilingfr0g here and on youtube a week ago, but he has not replied yet always. Can somebody send it to me?

November 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

MrTrumpzer at November 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I have already written to smilingfr0g here and on youtube a week ago, but he has not replied yet always. Can somebody send it to me?

Not without Frog's permission. Sorry!

--

November 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MonsterJam2008

What info does frog need to send the pack, does he do it by email, or aim?

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJCjbuKbidA&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLubzl7xgfHkkNJmuPzc6FRA

November 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

I try and reply to PM's here on this site, Xfire or YouTube as I have the time, but will probably have to set up a mailing list or something soon in order to more effectively distribute the information to a growing audience.

November 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RandomHero

Or you could just make it public?

November 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

RandomHero at November 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Or you could just make it public?

there are some things. for example, choosing car for race. it may be fixed now, but if VP2 was public from the beginning, most players would use beta1 which haZ a big bunch of bugs that will ruin the game.

mah english is bad

--

November 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.