Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Can't run BP after Vanity Pack installation

kruemelzwerg

Hi!

I've installed the Vanity Pack.

Installation was fine and without errors.

But when im trying to Start Burnout it says :

No CD/DVD Inserted. Insert the Bournout Paradise Ultimate CD/DVD.  

Its the Copy protection coz the Vanity Pack changed the Game executable??

Even when i try to start BP without Vanity i get the same message

July 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

Are you running Steam? The Steam support is not 100% functional yet as the README file states. It sounds like you've gotten the wrong executable replaced. If you look in the Vanity Pack/updates directory you should see a 13MB file (Steam) and a 19MB file (non-Steam). Copy and rename the 13MB one to your game installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Burnout(TM) Paradise The Ultimate Box) as BurnoutParadise.exe. If that doesn't help you can put the original executable back from your backup. You'll only lose out on a few things such as for example horns for the non-toy cars and a custom loading screen.

July 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kruemelzwerg

Hi smilingfrog and thank you for your fast answer.

You are right. Im using Steam. I did like you told me to and it worked. BUT ->

After login in, it displays the Burnout Paradise Network Webpage (like evry time) but when I click "Back to Game" it crashed :(

I also tried it with the new beta exe. Same Error.

The Vanity Window says "Locating Base Pointer..."

When I start the game with the BurnoutParadise.exe its starts and its working.

But only with the Sponsor Cars. No other Custom Cars. (82 of 83)

Online Cars 2 of 44

July 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thewindowsfreak
Site Owner

kruemelzwerg at July 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Hi smilingfrog and thank you for your fast answer.

You are right. Im using Steam. I did like you told me to and it worked. BUT ->

After login in, it displays the Burnout Paradise Network Webpage (like evry time) but when I click "Back to Game" it crashed :(

I also tried it with the new beta exe. Same Error.

The Vanity Window says "Locating Base Pointer..."

When I start the game with the BurnoutParadise.exe its starts and its working.

But only with the Sponsor Cars. No other Custom Cars. (82 of 83)

Online Cars 2 of 44

You have to give the Vanity Pack time to activate, try driving around for a little bit, then going to the junk yard and browsing the colors on your car.  It should activate pretty quick, but sometimes it can take a while.

--

Please read the rules; it doesn't take that much time. Save yourself from a warning or a ban

July 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kruemelzwerg

i can't!

It crashes way before "Enter Paradise City" or even to choose a car.

July 29, 2010 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

toomtoomX

I have the same problem, it just does it before it even loads my profile.

July 29, 2010 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

toomtoomX

ok, I got past the menu and played but vanity didn't work

July 30, 2010 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emu Legs

(Steam) yer i cant get to the "Enter Paradise City" Button  ether 

September 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burned hacker

Why should you uninstall the vanity pack? it`s awesome,but yes it slows down the game.

September 10, 2010 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

childno1 (a.k.a Wildchild)

hey guys, try re-installing the vanity pack. the same thing happened to me when i tried to enter the junkyard twice. so i re-installed it (BOB_IS_ME tole me 2), and when i ran it has worked fine and it always has :)

September 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

childno1 (a.k.a Wildchild)

childno1 (a.k.a Wildchild) at September 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM

hey guys, try re-installing the vanity pack. the same thing happened to me when i tried to enter the junkyard twice. so i re-installed it (BOB_IS_ME tole me 2), and when i ran it aga it worked fine and it always has :)

by the way, just dont delete the game. first, you delete the floder you have vanity in. then u re-download vanity and re-run it again. that should fix it. if this dosent work, find a guy on xfire named bpdguy,add him as a friend, and ask him to help (he is BOB_IS_ME)

September 10, 2010 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ramigeek

And me too !!! please help me I burnout paradise copy of my friend in my usb key and vanity pack game does not work !:mad::(!!! you have an .exe burnout paradise no cd dvd ? ( Steam had served nothing and origin too)

March 18, 2016 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

First of all, this thread is from 2010, which was before VP 1.5. We are on 2.0 Beta 10 now.

Second, replacing the executable will give you a modded files error. A no-CD exe won't help.

Third, you should download both BP and VP from official sources, not off a USB stick.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

March 18, 2016 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Arachno41
6 years ago... well it's funny.
March 18, 2016 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
What's not funny is 6 years later VP is dead in the water. :(
--

Get your ass on discord!

March 18, 2016 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ramigeek

HI everyone , first i have big surf beta 10 but i have a invisible wall so i cant acess in the island :'( and the vanitypack.exe do not want to open !!!!

sorry for my english , im frecnh ;)

March 19, 2016 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GLADIATOR

smilingfrog at July 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Are you running Steam? The Steam support is not 100% functional yet as the README file states. It sounds like you've gotten the wrong executable replaced. If you look in the Vanity Pack/updates directory you should see a 13MB file (Steam) and a 19MB file (non-Steam). Copy and rename the 13MB one to your game installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Burnout(TM) Paradise The Ultimate Box) as BurnoutParadise.exe. If that doesn't help you can put the original executable back from your backup. You'll only lose out on a few things such as for example horns for the non-toy cars and a custom loading screen.

hi smilingfrog plz tell me how to play multiplayer in burnout paradise plz 

July 5, 2017 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Can't tell if trolling, if not, Google it.

Thread has been bumped twice now, time to close.

July 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.