Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Vanity Pack Help & Support

burninrubber0

VP saves are in the same place as vanilla saves. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise\Save\Profile.BurnoutParadiseSave

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

June 26, 2016 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cptcanuck420

Just recently installed BP from the steam sale but previous played on the 360 with BSI. Wanted to play BSi again so i tried downloading the Vanity pack 2.00, installed it, made sure they all installed into the correct folders but when i went to start vanity pack after the install my screen goes black for like a second then stops working. I tested it with multiple compatability modes (Win7, Win8, XPsp 2,3) and every single time it still crashes. Even just regular Bp crashes until i uninstall the Vanity pack. 

--

Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.

-- Captain James Ira Thomas 'Taffy' Jones

July 3, 2016 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uzyfeo

I was kinda curious, as I can't seem to find any "changelog" or "dev diaries" here - is the Vanity Pack still being worked on?

July 4, 2016 at 6:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

uzyfeo at July 4, 2016 at 6:06 AM

I was kinda curious, as I can't seem to find any "changelog" or "dev diaries" here - is the Vanity Pack still being worked on?

it still runs, but it's sadly no longer supported by its developer.

--

July 4, 2016 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

frog just discontinued vp.... Maybe no more time or he no want to continue 

--

July 4, 2016 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DasPoppyheed

cptcanuck420 at July 3, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Just recently installed BP from the steam sale but previous played on the 360 with BSI. Wanted to play BSi again so i tried downloading the Vanity pack 2.00, installed it, made sure they all installed into the correct folders but when i went to start vanity pack after the install my screen goes black for like a second then stops working. I tested it with multiple compatability modes (Win7, Win8, XPsp 2,3) and every single time it still crashes. Even just regular Bp crashes until i uninstall the Vanity pack. 

I have the same problem, and two temporary solutions: one is to do as is said in the FAQ, that is rename the d3d9.dll file in the Burnout(TM) Paradise the Ultimate Box folder to something else, keeping the .bat with the same name unchanged. This does cause the menus to not appear for reasons beyond my knowledge. There is the other option, of reinstalling one of  the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package files (I don't know which so I go through all of them) and restart your computer. In my case, after the restart all is fine and dandy, menus work, game launches without a hitch... until I shut down and boot my system again. I have to go through the entire procedure from the start every time. it's your choice really, have no menus or have to reinstall software and restart your computer every time you play :p 

It'd be awesome if someone out there knew how to stop the vcredist thing messing up every time I close my computer after a fresh reinstall, I'm assuming it's the same reason as to why Steam reinstalls it every so often when you launch a game, but VP doesn't have to capability to trigger/force that like steam does

EDIT: I've checked my logs, and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Could it be a problem with the actual game? Heck knows

July 24, 2016 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Uppularity

I have had Russian Vanity pack for a while now and cannot get any of the in game menus or commands such as switching vehicle to work. Any help would be great. Thanks

July 31, 2016 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Uppularity at July 31, 2016 at 4:26 PM

I have had Russian Vanity pack for a while now and cannot get any of the in game menus or commands such as switching vehicle to work. Any help would be great. Thanks

You must be thinking of the normal Vanity Pack, because RV doesn't have in-game menus.

You know hte hotkeys, right? e.g. 1 and 2 for selecting vehicles, then tab to spawn them.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

July 31, 2016 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zibob
I have an issue relating to the Steam Controller. Simply, it does not work with the Vanity Pack. It works with regular Burnout but then Steam does not support Win XP anymore so I cannot use it on stock Burnout either. The Vanity pack works without having to be in compatibility mode for me, but then steam sees Vanity pack as the running game and assifns the controller to the Launcher and not the game and I cannot change that. So is there a way to get the Steam Controller working with Vanity Pack?
August 13, 2016 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

How did I not see this post before...

So the Steam Controller is getting assigned to VP instead of BP? Very strange. I would've thought it works like any other controller.

What happens when you unplug and replug? Just starts using VP again or doesn't use anything?

--

August 15, 2016 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

the main question here is who the hell uses xp in 2016.

--

August 16, 2016 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

oleg_aka_djmeg at August 16, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Me :D or others who are nostalgic

--

August 16, 2016 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

I use MS-DOS.

--

August 16, 2016 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2e4NlnLr28#t=1m13s

BHints why do you not like embedded videos :|

Also, is anyone else getting this "site does not exist" error occasionally?

August 16, 2016 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

badelita

i use an arcade machine... one of those ones form the 80's wich are just a simple white dot on the screen

--

dank

August 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

burninrubber0 at August 16, 2016 at 2:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2e4NlnLr28#t=1m13s

BHints why do you not like embedded videos :|

Also, is anyone else getting this "site does not exist" error occasionally?

I also get that error sometimes.

--

August 16, 2016 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Offline Gamer

I use XP on one PC simply because some older software runs better on it. Mind you, I don't have that PC connected to the internet at all.

--

The size of your takedown total is inversely proportional to the size of your penis

August 16, 2016 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crashkila101

I get this error every time I try to start just before the junkyard on the text window:  ERROR: Corrupt Vehicle List. You might be running a conflicting mod.

It was working yesterday too. Since then I've reinstalled but it doesn't help. I've also noticed that sometimes my burnout paradise creates a new shortcut folder thing, and changes the original folder's name to burnout(tm) paradise the ultimate box.original and then I have to rename it again. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyway, I'd really appreciate some help.. This is really getting on my nerves, thanks.

EDIT: Running windows 8.

August 28, 2016 at 9:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

VP is supposed to create that folder and shortcut. .original is the vanilla game, and VP creates a copy for itself. Usually works just fine, but not for everyone.

Did you install VP to a different drive than Steam? That will mess it up.

If it was installed to the same drive, you can try running the BurnoutParadise.exe's in the different install locations, C:\Program Filres (x86)\Vanity Pack\Burnout and the two in your steamapps directory, and whichever one has the VP loading screen and overlay needs to go into Burnout(TM) Paradise The Ultimate Box in your steamapps directory.

--

August 28, 2016 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crashkila101

burninrubber0 at August 28, 2016 at 10:36 AM

VP is supposed to create that folder and shortcut. .original is the vanilla game, and VP creates a copy for itself. Usually works just fine, but not for everyone.

Did you install VP to a different drive than Steam? That will mess it up.

If it was installed to the same drive, you can try running the BurnoutParadise.exe's in the different install locations, C:\Program Filres (x86)\Vanity Pack\Burnout and the two in your steamapps directory, and whichever one has the VP loading screen and overlay needs to go into Burnout(TM) Paradise The Ultimate Box in your steamapps directory.

Yeah, It was working yesterday so I thought it was no problem. But I did put vanity pack on my other drive, I'll try freeing up some space and install it on my C: Drive.

August 28, 2016 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.