Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Vanity Pack Help & Support

P3RF_D4RK
'What about driving on water?' Well, there is a boat in RV2, let's put it to good use... And who really wants to fly with the plane and chopper?
--

I only lurk in discord

October 6, 2015 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

Dennis0ne at October 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM

PASHOK_M_OVE at October 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM

There will be removed or improved cheat features?
1. VP can turn off the traffic to make driving easier. But walls...What about no walls feature?
2. VP can apply infinity boost. What about infinity strength?
3. VP can respawn car instantly after a crash. What about speed up other actions like speedhack?
4. VP have Hunter Oval Champ 69 - Kobra mod for easy wins in races with boost limit = 1. What about easy wins in races with boost limit = 10? like a car with max speed - 500mph.
5. VP have vehicle changer. It helps not to go to the right place to change a vehicle. Good feature...but for the lazy mans...If I am very lazy and I dont want to go to challenge place. Can I teleport to it?
6. Offroad good too in marked man. What about driving on the water?
Sometimes I wonder about adding similar features to RV, but I don't want ruin the game

no offense, but you have added lots of new challenges which crash everyone without rv2....

Yes. New challenges available for small amount of players and I think after 1-2 crashes player dont want connect to crashing host. I dont know better solution for new challenges. I am pleased to hear your suggestions for improving RV2

October 7, 2015 at 3:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

1. VP can turn off the traffic to make driving easier. But walls...What about no walls feature?
3. VP can respawn car instantly after a crash. What about speed up other actions like speedhack?
4. VP have Hunter Oval Champ 69 - Kobra mod for easy wins in races with boost limit = 1. What about easy wins in races with boost limit = 10? like a car with max speed - 500mph.
5. VP have vehicle changer. It helps not to go to the right place to change a vehicle. Good feature...but for the lazy mans...If I am very lazy and I dont want to go to challenge place. Can I teleport to it?
Sometimes I wonder about adding similar features to RV, but I don't want ruin the game

Maybe frog fix it. Possible solutions:
1. Offline only
2. Remove boost changer?
3. Respawn only when you do nothing
4. Make Kobra mod a separate car (not finish for Oval Champ) and replace faster car.
5. Respawn everywhere but only for apply new wheels, etc. Respawn near Junk Yards for change vehicle 
6. Offline only or not available when host start marked man

October 7, 2015 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis0ne

PASHOK_M_OVE at October 7, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Dennis0ne at October 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM

no offense, but you have added lots of new challenges which crash everyone without rv2....

Yes. New challenges available for small amount of players and I think after 1-2 crashes player dont want connect to crashing host. I dont know better solution for new challenges. I am pleased to hear your suggestions for improving RV2

actually burninrubber and me talked about that, maybe the challenges could be somehow managed by the RV2tool thingy that you and DGI made. 

October 7, 2015 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

zimbabwe

disable vanity during event there problem solved

--

shit my pants

October 7, 2015 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Demonhog

When I launch Vanity Pack it goes to "Preforming platform check" and it wants to launch BurnoutParadise.exe, I launch it, it gets stuck in a loop of asking me for permission and nothing happens. What do i do?

June 15, 2016 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna?

So uh, I know this project is around two years old and I don't know what help I can probably get here, but I'm having some trouble.

1. I'm running Windows 10, using the Steam Version of the Ultimate Box.
2. I've patched my save file previously in order to use the DLC cars.
3. Currently using the "latest" beta release on this site.

It loads up correctly, but the map image is horribly misaligned, the road leading to BSI is blocked by an invisible wall, most of the new cars are...messy, and every time I select one of the new cars I always spawn as the Hunter Cavalry inside the junkyard. I'm kind of tired falling infinitely through the map. Anyone know what's causing this problem and is there a way to fix it? I want to drive the Dust Storm SuperTurbo. Also, more frustrating but less breaking is that "Vanity Pack initializing..." is perpetually overlayed on the screen.

June 24, 2016 at 2:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

It's more like four years old, but you'll still get some help.

The reason it's not working is because it hasn't connected to the server. Make sure you're logging in in Burnout; Vanity Pack won't initialize if you don't. Piracy protection thing.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

June 24, 2016 at 3:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl123Fox

Anna? at June 24, 2016 at 2:40 AM

So uh, I know this project is around two years old and I don't know what help I can probably get here, but I'm having some trouble.

It loads up correctly, but the map image is horribly misaligned, the road leading to BSI is blocked by an invisible wall, most of the new cars are...messy, and every time I select one of the new cars I always spawn as the Hunter Cavalry inside the junkyard. I'm kind of tired falling infinitely through the map. Anyone know what's causing this problem and is there a way to fix it? I want to drive the Dust Storm SuperTurbo. Also, more frustrating but less breaking is that "Vanity Pack initializing..." is perpetually overlayed on the screen.

Thats for me too!! Its soo bad! i dont now what to do :(

June 24, 2016 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

badelita

Carl123Fox at June 24, 2016 at 4:52 AM

Anna? at June 24, 2016 at 2:40 AM

Thats for me too!! Its soo bad! i dont now what to do :(

that may be caused by your intenet connection because vp needs it to run properly. That happened to me when my intenet was bad

--

dank

June 24, 2016 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DatMageDoe

So, I got Paradise on Steam through /r/pcmasterrace generosity and I went to install the Vanity Pack, yet I've been having issues. When I try to start the Vanity Pack, I got a popup saying this shortcut had its original destination removed, it doesn't work now, do you want to delete it? So I can only get into Paradise and access the game through its own .exe (which works, but vanity isn't supported). 

Win7 Home 64-bit. Fresh install of Paradise which was ran vanilla first time to test how well it ran on the system. While the traffic cars, P12 Diamond, and one other car loaded fine, the rest were incomprehensible abominations of polygons. Tried a reinstall, didn't change anything. What should I do? 

June 25, 2016 at 2:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

DatMageDoe at June 25, 2016 at 2:36 AM

So, I got Paradise on Steam through /r/pcmasterrace generosity and I went to install the Vanity Pack, yet I've been having issues. When I try to start the Vanity Pack, I got a popup saying this shortcut had its original destination removed, it doesn't work now, do you want to delete it? So I can only get into Paradise and access the game through its own .exe (which works, but vanity isn't supported). 

Win7 Home 64-bit. Fresh install of Paradise which was ran vanilla first time to test how well it ran on the system. While the traffic cars, P12 Diamond, and one other car loaded fine, the rest were incomprehensible abominations of polygons. Tried a reinstall, didn't change anything. What should I do? 

Sounds like your antivirus has deleted VanityPack.exe. Add it to your exclusions or temporarily disable the antivirus when playing it. Either way, you'll probably have to reinstall VP again with the antivirus disabled.

The "incomprehensible abominations of polygons" were encrypted cars which get decrypted by VP, so you have nothing to worry about if you get it working properly.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

June 25, 2016 at 2:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DatMageDoe

burninrubber0 at June 25, 2016 at 2:44 AM

DatMageDoe at June 25, 2016 at 2:36 AM

Sounds like your antivirus has deleted VanityPack.exe. Add it to your exclusions or temporarily disable the antivirus when playing it. Either way, you'll probably have to reinstall VP again with the antivirus disabled.

The "incomprehensible abominations of polygons" were encrypted cars which get decrypted by VP, so you have nothing to worry about if you get it working properly.

So that's what the Trojan notification was about? First time, I was worried I was installing an actual Trojan onto my PC, but it seems like McAfee just hates the Vanity Pack. I'll try it next time I'm on. Thanks! 

June 25, 2016 at 2:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

No problem. Let me know if you run into more issues.

--

June 25, 2016 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
Remember, even if VP loads and runs normally, you're still going to experience unknown crashes now and again, because Vanity Pack is still beta and always will be...
--

I only lurk in discord

June 25, 2016 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

N1k0

I just installed Vanity Pack 2.0 w/Russian Vanity beta onto my Steam copy of Burnout Ultimate Box. When I launch Vanity Pack and I login to EA, the mod will not initialize even with quite a bit of time. I do have a pretty good pc that runs Windows 10 if that matters in any way. 

June 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

I have a hunch as to what might be causing this, and it's not on the user's end. Will test as soon as possible.

--

June 25, 2016 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

My hunch wasn't correct, but I do have another theory. Nobody has even mentioned the VP window at all, just the overlay, which may mean it's the same issue as DatMageDoe: their antivirus is deleting VanityPack.exe, and Burnout is running without it. It would certainly cause all of the issues described.

I recommend that everyone with the issue reinstall VP with your antivirus temporarily disabled. Once it's installed, add VanityPack.exe to your exclusions and it should be good to go.

--

June 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

N1k0

P3RF_D4RK at June 25, 2016 at 4:03 AM

Remember, even if VP loads and runs normally, you're still going to experience unknown crashes now and again, because Vanity Pack is still beta and always will be...

I switched to the Orgin version of the game. I'm able to get it to launch and initialize; but, after the intro sequence for when you first start the game, it crashes. 

June 26, 2016 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

N1k0

burninrubber0 at June 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM

My hunch wasn't correct, but I do have another theory. Nobody has even mentioned the VP window at all, just the overlay, which may mean it's the same issue as DatMageDoe: their antivirus is deleting VanityPack.exe, and Burnout is running without it. It would certainly cause all of the issues described.

I recommend that everyone with the issue reinstall VP with your antivirus temporarily disabled. Once it's installed, add VanityPack.exe to your exclusions and it should be good to go.

Adding the program to the exclusion list was what actually got it to fully work! I still have one question though, I can't seem to find where the Vanity Pack savefiles are located. I want to go put my 102% DLC unlocked file in there and it's just a little perplexing. 

June 26, 2016 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.