Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Vanity Pack Help & Support

burninrubber0

chip1234 at October 1, 2014 at 8:29 AM

burninrubber0 at September 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM

chip1234 at September 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

HELP my VP randomly changes wheels, paint jobs, cars

Are you sure you weren't just typing to someone in the Steam overlay or something similar? If you're sure it wasn't that, try rebooting. If it still doesn't work, try reinstalling. If it still doesn't work... well, we'll see if it comes to that.

i am talkin to my friend on steam when i am playing with him yes your right but is there a way to disabel those keys that change cars and shit?

sry for my bad english

To turn hotkeys off, it's usually shift+`, but for you, it might be shift+ö.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

October 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

abdul

how to unlock vault in this game

October 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404

abdul at October 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM

how to unlock vault in this game

What do you mean by "vault"? If you mean DLC you can either purchase DLC from amazon or use DLC unlocker ( it is located in the Downloads page)
October 8, 2014 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

He means the VP installer. And he can find the passwords for that on his own, just by going to the beginning of the thread and reading.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

October 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alfonso27

Hello everyone, I have installed Burnout Paradise without starting from scratch, then I downloaded and installed DirectX 11.1 and install Vanity Pack, up to far so good, once you enter the page to log in with my account I get a message error and will not let me fill in the fields. How can I remedy this? Also in the package of Vanity Pack I noticed that there is a VanityKeys that the information is not what is said, I can explain you? thanks :)

--

October 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alfonso27

Edit. The word that comes out is "PLACEHOLDER_TEMP_STRING"

--

October 25, 2014 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt2003AU

Hey guys,

I had to repair and then reinstall the game as the audio for motorbikes was really screwed up (about 50x too loud). After the reinstall VP wouldn't work (stuck on Standby for VP initialisation), so I figured I'd reinstall that as well. When trying to install I get this error about trying to rename a missing file: 

http://puu.sh/cw3h6/e5514ce52b.png ;

If I ignore the error the installation finishes without any other issues, but when I try to play I get the same problem with VP getting stuck on initialisation:

http://puu.sh/cw3mx/fc00a2c1eb.png

It does not progress beyond this point. Any ideas?

Thanks

October 30, 2014 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

If the noise you mean bikes in a car room sounding like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkcrBMaTmo, there was nothing wrong with your game, and you reinstalled in vain. This is due to the bikes and cars having different variations in audio - which is why, if I remember right, some cars in bike rooms will sound like bikes if you're in a bike.

As for the installation, you should remove any existing files (check if they're there after uninstalling) and redownload the VP's installer, then try to install again.

--

October 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt2003AU

Well that's annoying, no wonder people always switch to that damn bike haha.

Thanks for the tips. I tried removing everything vanity pack related before posting here - I tried it again in case I had missed anything but I'm still getting the same issue. Do you know if there are VP files in any locations aside from C/Program Files/Vanity Pack and the original zip download?

Thanks for your help.

November 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

west

Matt2003AU at November 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Well that's annoying, no wonder people always switch to that damn bike haha.

Thanks for the tips. I tried removing everything vanity pack related before posting here - I tried it again in case I had missed anything but I'm still getting the same issue. Do you know if there are VP files in any locations aside from C/Program Files/Vanity Pack and the original zip download?

Thanks for your help.

Did u run the installer from the zip? Try to unpack them to desktop and run the installer from there.

November 2, 2014 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt2003AU

No luck West, still the same issue. I did notice that when I run VP the ingame map isnt positioned properly - it's showing me in completely the wrong place. When I run the game without VP I don't have this issue. I don't know if this gives any insight into what might be going wrong. Thanks.

November 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Just a guess at what's wrong, but hopefully this will help.

Steam version - Uninstall VP. There maybe two folders in Steam/steamapps/common, a normal BP folder and second one with .original at the end. The one without .original at the end may have some VP files remaining. Delete the folder without the .original and remove the .original from the name of the other one.

Origin/disk version - Uninstall the VP, and uninstall BP. Remove any files from the vp and/or BP folder that might've decided to hang around. Then reinstall BP, and then VP.

As for the map postion being wrong, the VP has to have connected to its servers to move the map to the correct position. If it doesn't pass initializing, it won't connect. (Not gonna bother you with specifics.)

--

November 2, 2014 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt2003AU

I just tried uninstalling VP then BP and removing any and all files, and then reinstalling both, but I've still got exactly the same error (I have the origin version btw). Could it be a missing file in the download itself? I've tried the downloads from mega.co.nz and dropcanvas.

Thanks

November 3, 2014 at 5:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

west

How does the vanity pack flags work ? it says UK flag next to my name, but im not! playing from the Netherlands btw.

November 3, 2014 at 7:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Matt2003AU at November 3, 2014 at 5:31 AM

I just tried uninstalling VP then BP and removing any and all files, and then reinstalling both, but I've still got exactly the same error (I have the origin version btw). Could it be a missing file in the download itself? I've tried the downloads from mega.co.nz and dropcanvas.

Thanks

The VP installers are the same across the board; it'd have to be something on your end. I did try the installer today to make sure it wasn't something wrong there, and it worked fine.

I suggest looking at the file it failed to copy. That's dynldr-windows-ia32-19.so, located at Vanity Pack\src\lib\metasm. Right click>properties. It should look like https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4kldjcxjt9k3bx/dynldr%20prop.png?dl=0" target="_blank">https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4kldjcxjt9k3bx/dynldr%20prop.png?dl=0. The important thing is that the sizes match. If it's not there, that's probably why it doesn't work. If it is there, whether the sizes match or not, try redownloading the file, I've uploaded it for you at https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6f7ipylfbiw4h6/dynldr-windows-ia32-19.so?dl=0" target="_blank">https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6f7ipylfbiw4h6/dynldr-windows-ia32-19.so?dl=0.

If this doesn't work, then unless more information is revealed, I don't think there's much more I can do.

west at November 3, 2014 at 7:58 AM

How does the vanity pack flags work ? it says UK flag next to my name, but im not! playing from the Netherlands btw.

The Vanity Pack uses the IP adress of the player to identify their country. The flag data is then stored on the VP servers. If you were using a proxy at the time, or have one of those IP spoofers, that could be why. I can't imagine how else it would show up like that.

--

November 3, 2014 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Sorry about the html code in there; the insert link option on the site is a bit broken. I can't edit it out due to it having two quotes.

November 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt2003AU

Hi Burnin,

Good news! It's working now :) . Apparently Avast was blocking the download of that specific file - even when I tried to download it seperately through your link - without informing me that it was doing so. Once I disabled Avast I was able to install without any problems. I should have thought of it before, but as I didn't have any visible issues during the download I didn't make the connection. I'm not sure if it was just a one-off issue with my computer, but if you work with smilingfrog then it could be useful for others if the issue was added to the VP FAQ. Thanks for your time, I really appreciate your help getting this fixed. If you accept donations please pm me the details :)

November 4, 2014 at 3:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

west

Im just using Google Public dns, il try to turn the dns off see what happens :)

November 4, 2014 at 6:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis0ne

west at November 4, 2014 at 6:21 AM

That won't help. All flag data is stored on the server that hosts VP, so you either have to wait some time and play without VP or ask Frog to delete your flag data. But, Frog isn't here at the moment, so if you want to get rid of your flag, just play without VP for some time.

November 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

west

Dennis0ne at November 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM

west at November 4, 2014 at 6:21 AM

That won't help. All flag data is stored on the server that hosts VP, so you either have to wait some time and play without VP or ask Frog to delete your flag data. But, Frog isn't here at the moment, so if you want to get rid of your flag, just play without VP for some time.

Thanks for the tip!;)

November 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.