Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Vanity Pack Help & Support

rafa.prebianca

Up and running, thanks.

February 17, 2010 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Claypwns

I still can't get this working. I think the problem is when i launched the game during the installation, I did not choose a car. is there anything I can do about this? Could I possibly uninstall the pack and than re-install?

February 17, 2010 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

ThePCPD at 11:13AM on Feb 17, 2010

Please help i haven´t got these cars:The Traffic Cars,Micromania Custom and the P12 Diamond

Are you running the VanityPack exe every time before starting the game? If so (which you should), is it stuck at "Locating Vehicle List...."? If so, I'm working on an alternative solution to find the location. For now, see suggested workarounds in my previous posts.

February 17, 2010 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

merlijndamman at 01:44PM on Feb 17, 2010

post a better photo of varity pack sorry for that small one

My suggestion to you would be to do what it asks you to do. Start the game and sign in, then click OK, then click Next. Then follow additional instructions.

February 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

astimson at 02:55PM on Feb 17, 2010

Well, I'm very excited to see the full features of you Vanity Pack, but now that I've got a clean copy, I've run into a new issue:

It looks like Steam compatibility may not be working, as I am getting a securerom error.  Everything ran correctly during install, and dynamic patching worked, but it's now telling me I've got the wrong disk inserted.

I would be happy to help beta-test any fixes we need to do to make this compatible with Steam.

astimson: Thanks for the offer. I'll be in touch as needed. I am working with another Steam user as I type this, trying to figure things out. It looks like there is checksumming going on so it might not be possible to pre-patch the exe file but instead do the patching in memory after the game has started. It'll be inconvenient, but possibly doable... we'll see.

February 17, 2010 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

nikigostev

my error is 

February 18, 2010 at 4:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NemetZZZ!!!

A possible solution (avoiding UAC for XP)

How to?

Windows XP SP3

February 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joan60834

How to run this? I open it then it said Could not run Vanity Pack (The specified file was not found) ......

February 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gigiosantos

I can't download the file! The hosting site says ,obviously lieing ,that the server slots are full. What can I do?

--

Sorry for any bad english.

February 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gigiosantos

nevermind

--

Sorry for any bad english.

February 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

NemetZZZ!!! and joan60834: If you are on WIndows XP then version 1.0 of Vanity Pack will not work for you. Please read my previous posts. An update will be released soon.

For Steam users: A fix is being developed that hopefully will make Vanity Pack Steam compatible. More news to come as progress is made.

February 19, 2010 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thewindowsfreak
Site Owner

I'm not able to use the ped cars, it says 2 of 44.:mad:

--

Please read the rules; it doesn't take that much time. Save yourself from a warning or a ban

February 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Atombomb1996

IT WORKS AND IT IS AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

February 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Atombomb1996

but im not sure if i have all the cars

February 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Richog007

for you guys having issues with not having the majority of the added on cars from vanity choose a car and then exit the game correctly throught the menu's, close the game and vanity restart vanity run through it start the game and then select the same car you last had, this is so the vehicle list can be found. this is a temp fix till frog releases 1.1 which addresses a few issues like win xp,  this issue and along with hopefully steam supported now. he will be posting it relatively soon.

February 21, 2010 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Richog007

v 1.1? um i wouldnt have that info but he meantioned relatively soon as it fix's a few bugs

February 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ThePCPD

I need help again:When I go To some traffic cars the game crashes here are some of these cars:loader,excalibur,tortoise,civic

February 22, 2010 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Boozer900

I don't seem to be able to instal it at all . After clicking the exe I get a window saying to start the game. I start the game and go back. VP authenticates and tells me to stop the game. I do this then VP dissappears and nothing else happens. The game runs as normal. I am on XP so I don't know what UAC is.

February 24, 2010 at 4:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PtX

Can someone tell us why there's no peds cars ?? I Hava only 81 cars. No Peds no P12 Diamond? help Please

February 24, 2010 at 6:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

noodle278

@Boozer - Do you have the current updated version, you will need the 1.1 ver just released with Xp support. I dont know if it works as i use Vista.

UAC is a Vista specific app (User Account Control) basically ask you if you wish to install or Run an Application or program..

@PtX - You will get that when you dont Run the Vanity Pack before the Game, the Vanity Pack has to be running. In some cases it will take longer for patching to happen.. Are you running the Version 1.1 or Ver 1.0 & have you Read the txt file enclosed in the download....

--

February 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.