Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Vanity Pack Help & Support

thewindowsfreak
Site Owner

Need assistance with the Vanity Pack? You have come to the right place.

--

Please read the rules; it doesn't take that much time. Save yourself from a warning or a ban

February 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

So the release happened to coincide with game server maintenance. Excellent! *grins* :mad:

http://portal.burnoutweb.ea.com/page/news

There is a remote possibility that something has been made to the servers that will prevent vanity pack or parts thereof to work. It is too early to tell.

February 16, 2010 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lewolfeur

work for me but i dont see Pedestrian Vehicles ,Jansen P12 Diamond, Kitano Micromania Custom and  Carson "Steel Wheels" GT .

--

[img]http://ups.imagup.com/06/1263792725.jpg[/img]

February 16, 2010 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lewolfeur

and its now 3 h it's blocked here

*Edited by thewindowsfreak to properly display image.

--

[img]http://ups.imagup.com/06/1263792725.jpg[/img]

February 16, 2010 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thewindowsfreak
Site Owner

Pedestrian cars do not work for me but when I go online there are several people with the ped cars.

--

Please read the rules; it doesn't take that much time. Save yourself from a warning or a ban

February 16, 2010 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

noodle278

The Ped Vehicles worked for me, did'nt check the others but will do. I had the P12 Diamond & the Country Bike skins already so i have to check they are still there? At 1st use i am well impressed with all the additions.. Server was down when i first went on so had to wait a while but then all was well...

--

February 16, 2010 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

noodle278

Update

Ped Vehicles are not there now but it shows 2 of 27 in the Online Cars in the garage?  P12 Diamond skin has gone & replaced with "Community 1" skin nice but not the Diamond,....

I started the game direct by the way, not via VanityPack.exe file, this maybe the cause of missing skins not sure?

Question: Does the game have to be started with the new Vanity pack file everytime?

@thewindowsfreak --- Can you please do away with this 10 minute Edit period for Post's as it is seriously annoying mate & you'll find the place filling up very quickly!!

--

February 16, 2010 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Claypwns

For me, I can't see any cars from the pack other than the sponsor cars. Also, when I launch the game It doesnt seem to detect it in the 2nd stage of the installation with the window that says "Please start the game, but dont close this window. It will detect the game running and do its magic..."

February 16, 2010 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

astimson

I've tried three different downloads.  Each time I get that 4E49422E32584554444C524F57 has a bad CRC. 

February 16, 2010 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rafa.prebianca

I'm having the same problem.

C:\Users\rafa.prebianca\Downloads\VanityPack-1.0.zip: CRC failed in VanityPack\vanity\4E49422E32584554444C524F57. The file is corrupt

February 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thewindowsfreak
Site Owner

noodle278 at 05:16PM on Feb 16, 2010

Update

Ped Vehicles are not there now but it shows 2 of 27 in the Online Cars in the garage?  P12 Diamond skin has gone & replaced with "Community 1" skin nice but not the Diamond,....

I started the game direct by the way, not via VanityPack.exe file, this maybe the cause of missing skins not sure?

Question: Does the game have to be started with the new Vanity pack file everytime?

@thewindowsfreak --- Can you please do away with this 10 minute Edit period for Post's as it is seriously annoying mate & you'll find the place filling up very quickly!!

You have to start the vanity pack every time you play Burnout Paradise.

I will look in to fixing the edit post timer.

--

February 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

toolga

this errors VanityPack\vanity\4E49422E32584554444C524F57 can you help me please. from to use windows 7

February 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

smilingfrog

A State of Vanity Insanity

Here's a rundown of what has been gathered so far.

- Server Maintenance

This prevented successful installation of Vanity Pack and caused confusion. Any game server related errors were not caused by Vanity Pack. Hopefully these issues are no longer happening.

- Corrupt Downloads

Some players reported corrupt downloads, preventing successful installation. As a temporary measure the proper MD5 CRC checksum was posted. Again, the correct checksum for the zip file is 06cbf2c5728e2071117e051403f95723.

It turns out that the file uploaded to mediafire is not an exact binary copy of the one that was made available on sendspace. Please correct this if you can, thewindowsfreak. If you have XP, please wait for an upcoming fix, see below.

The next update of Vanity Pack will likely use a self extracting zip archive rather than a plain archive so that it is obvious that something didn't work right. It's also been made clear that sendspace.com is not the best hosting.

As it is now, I'm not sure whether some players tried to install despite the zip file not unpacking correctly. If someone has had this happen, make sure to delete any existing vanity.yaml file next to the VanityPack.exe file and try reinstalling once you've made sure the download is not corrupt. If

installation was successful, leave the yaml file in place so that further executions of VanityPack.exe does not have to reinstall all the files but only a small subset of files.

- Windows XP

Players using Windows XP have reported issues. It was not clear at once whether the installation failed right away or part way through. It was later learned that the error happened pretty much right away. A possible solution (avoiding UAC for XP) has been implemented and has been successfully tested by two players. It will be made generally available soon. The game has now been successfully run on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

- Stuck at Locating Vehicle List....

In order to apply some features the VanityPack.exe searches through memory to find the active vehicle that was driven when the game was last shut down. Only the vehicle name was given as a clue to the user installing Vanity Pack, however, and not which finish (1, 2, 3, gold/platinum, community). A possible solution will be implemented to fall back to Finish 1 of the Hunter Cavalry

if the last driven vehicle can't be located within a reasonable amount of time (this means you'll have to temporarily drive the Cavalry for a moment). This update is being investigated at the moment to see if it will have the intended effect. A workaround solution for now could be to exit the vanity pack, exit the game, start vanity pack and start the game when prompted, then select the same vehicle you played with just before and wait for vanity pack to do its thing. It usually only takes seconds if this procedure is followed.

- Unclear installation instructions

The instructions on how to install the Vanity Pack were missing or unclear. The readme file will be updated in the next update.

Basically, unpack the installer archive to a folder outside of the game folders and run VanityPack.exe. If you need to re-run the full installation for some reason, first remove any vanity.yaml file next to VanityPack.exe. This file holds some installer preferences that speed up future runs.

- Unclear running instructions

The instructions on how to run the Vanity Pack were missing or unclear. The readme file will be updated in the next update.

The thing to note here is that VanityPack.exe has to be run before starting the game executable every time the game is played if you desire some of the dynamically added features. The game is still playable if you don't run VanityPack.exe but you simply won't have access to all its features.

- Unclear vehicle locations

The instructions on where to find the various kinds of added vehicles were missing or unclear. The readme will be updated in the next update.

The short answer is:

* Sponsor vehicles are at the end of the regular Paradise Cars list

* Community vehicles are with their respective vehicle in Paradise Cars, Online Cars and Boost Specials lists

* Pedestrian vehicles are in the Online Cars list

February 17, 2010 at 2:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

thewindowsfreak
Site Owner

I have updated the download link, and a new copy on mediafire will be up soon.

--

February 17, 2010 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ThePCPD

Please help i haven´t got these cars:The Traffic Cars,Micromania Custom and the P12 Diamond

February 17, 2010 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

merlijndamman

i dont work for me it says i must start the game first

I have start the game

Then i got this in the varity pack:

February 17, 2010 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

merlijndamman

post a better photo of varity pack sorry for that small one

February 17, 2010 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

astimson

Well, I'm very excited to see the full features of you Vanity Pack, but now that I've got a clean copy, I've run into a new issue:

It looks like Steam compatibility may not be working, as I am getting a securerom error.  Everything ran correctly during install, and dynamic patching worked, but it's now telling me I've got the wrong disk inserted.

I would be happy to help beta-test any fixes we need to do to make this compatible with Steam.

February 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

noodle278

Thats a shame but i think smilingfrog mentioned that there maybe a Steam problem with this 1st release, i'd keep checking back & as i am sure they are working to get this sorted out for Steam users as fast as they can

--

February 17, 2010 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

noodle278

Uploaded a few Screens for the Vanity Pack

There in the Screenshots album... Just to show you its now working for me?

--

February 17, 2010 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.