Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > ERROR VANITY PACK 2 EC:5571

Alex Masetto

Hello, I need your help, I downloaded the mod vanity pack 2 and once the mod is installed I get this message "EC: 5571". How do I solve this problem?

--
December 4, 2017 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
This seems to happen in a lot of games, Google is your friend: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22EC%3A+5571&ie=&oe=
--

Get Wrecked!

December 5, 2017 at 7:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex Masetto

I looked for on google "EC: 5571 how to fix" but I did not find anything. You could send me a link to solve this problem or tell me if you already know.

Thank you.

--
December 5, 2017 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

This is due to the recent update to the Origin version which added its DRM to BP. It removed paul.dll and GL.ini. VP comes with paul.dll but not GL.ini, and that's where the problem is. You can solve it by either removing paul.dll from VP's BP folder or by adding GL.ini to it.

Link to GL.ini: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TMVv0Q3PTNNy1RAHwvlOPAp3WZL1dyKM/view?usp=sharing

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

December 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
A missing audio file causes the error?
--

Get Wrecked!

December 6, 2017 at 7:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex Masetto

Finally I solved thanks a lot of help :) And a week that I'm stuck and now I can play thanks guys;)

--
December 6, 2017 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dawid Pracki

BP wants to launch after putting GL.ini, but i've crash :( I mean VP BP

1. During run i'm seeing VanityPack.lock in VP's directory

2.After disabling VP, VanityPack.lock disappears.

Really help!

--

I love BP with VP 2.0,RV 2.3.1 1.4, with DGI and normal.

December 6, 2017 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

fred_from_France at December 6, 2017 at 7:37 AM

A missing audio file causes the error?

inis are config files, not audio files. GL.ini is comprised of the launcher config, license info, and error code info. Among the error codes is the one in question:

GL:5571="The game seems to be missing configuration files so it is unable to launch. Please reinstall your game."

Ironically, since the config file in question is the one holding that info, it can't display it to the user, so the only text is EC:5571.

December 6, 2017 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
That makes more sense, thought that page said audio file...
--

Get Wrecked!

December 7, 2017 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.