Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > Editing Textures

Lucifer Khan

Does anyone know of an easier method to edit the texture of vehicles without having to do this with Paint.Net? Because with this program, if there are no drawings in the painting itself that serve as a guide, it takes a lot of time to position new images (basically, by trial and error).

I am grateful for any relevant information.

--

June 4, 2017 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

of course my friend! come in private

--

June 5, 2017 at 2:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Burnout51_br

Very good tip from your friend "in private" I think he does not know shit, except to mess with who helped him. Basically it will only ask you what you already know, but this I know you already knew, I can not help you with this because I learned a lot from you and I know less than you ......... Burnout51

--

June 5, 2017 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lucifer Khan

I thank you both for at least answering. Except for a few people, exchange of knowledge seems to me a rare coin.

Burnout 51, você dizer que sabe menos é um exagero e uma inverdade. Afinal, tudo aquilo que eu sei, só sei porque aprendi com você. Isso sem contar que você me ensinou quando eu nem poderia lhe retribuir o favor. Não seja modesto, meu amigo. Sempre estarei em débito com você, Patrão!

--

June 5, 2017 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Lucifer Khan at June 5, 2017 at 9:44 PM

I thank you both for at least answering. Except for a few people, exchange of knowledge seems to me a rare coin.

It really is... I wish that more people would share their findings. But I think what's really holding the community back is the fear that some things would be used with malicious intent - a fear that isn't unfounded. We've seen how alex uses his skills. If he were to post a tutorial, others would follow in his footsteps. Of course, he won't do that, because then he would no longer have what he wants most - more power.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

June 5, 2017 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DGIorio

Lucifer Khan at June 4, 2017 at 9:23 PM

Does anyone know of an easier method to edit the texture of vehicles without having to do this with Paint.Net? Because with this program, if there are no drawings in the painting itself that serve as a guide, it takes a lot of time to position new images (basically, by trial and error).

I am grateful for any relevant information.

You could try to paint direct on the 3D model using some 3D program like 3Ds Max and, maybe, photoshop.

https://youtu.be/yKVpqcTD_-M?t=3m49s

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmEIvNFx8k

Here is the ASR body if you or someone else would like to try something.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NgOi5F1w1-TWhMT1VxUF80bUU/view?usp=sharing

--

June 5, 2017 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

badelita

burninrubber0 at June 5, 2017 at 11:11 PM

It really is... I wish that more people would share their findings. But I think what's really holding the community back is the fear that some things would be used with malicious intent - a fear that isn't unfounded. We've seen how alex uses his skills. If he were to post a tutorial, others would follow in his footsteps. Of course, he won't do that, because then he would no longer have what he wants most - more power.

i don't really know how realising some info about TEXTURE EDITING could bring more cheaters to the game

--

dank

June 6, 2017 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lucifer Khan

Ahuahua! Palpatine! Well, although I have already used the same "power level" as Alex (invincibility + CE speedhack), I can not understand how he still has not gotten tired of this combination. There is simply nothing to be learned from this combination.

I agree with your point about the risk of malicious use of knowledge.But, I do not know, I still think it better to have the knowledge and decide for yourself how to use it (and of course, to bear the consequences for possible abuses).

DGIorioat June 5, 2017 at 11:21 PM

You could try to paint direct on the 3D model using some 3D program like 3Ds Max and, maybe, photoshop.

https://youtu.be/yKVpqcTD_-M?t=3m49s

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmEIvNFx8k

Here is the ASR body if you or someone else would like to try something.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NgOi5F1w1-TWhMT1VxUF80bUU/view?usp=sharing

DGlorio, thank you very much. As you have already told me in private, to make this kind of editing well done, there should be no escape from extracting the 3D model of the vehicle. My immediate hope was that there would be at least one way of understanding how the images are organized in the .dds file, so as not to depend on trial and error during editing.

But unfortunately, not everything is so simple ... Anyway, I'll practice applying the texture in the model you passed and interact a bit with it. Thank you very much.

--

June 6, 2017 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

badelita at June 6, 2017 at 10:58 AM

i don't really know how realising some info about TEXTURE EDITING could bring more cheaters to the game

My post didn't say anything about texture editing. It was just a response to part of LK's post.

June 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

badelita

burninrubber0 at June 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM

badelita at June 6, 2017 at 10:58 AM

My post didn't say anything about texture editing. It was just a response to part of LK's post.

ok sorry, misunderstanding on my part 

--

dank

June 7, 2017 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.