Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > Vanity pack opens the normal game

shatailnick

Well, my problem whit this pack is that when i open it, the normal burnout game starts, without anyof the options of the vanity pack. I dont know what to do, i need help.

I´m using the beta 10 version of the pack, thanks for helping :P

May 7, 2017 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
Need more info for people to help you, steam or origin?, what OS do you have?, is it installed on C drive (for Steam to recognize vanity), has it full admin privileges?, has your anti-virus deleted vanity.exe?, if so make it trusted, and the most obvious: did you open vanity.exe and not burnout.exe?.
--

May 7, 2017 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr_Immortal8

I'm pretty sure that this happened in steam as this problem occured to me a few days ago. I installed VP, made it a non-steam library game, and when i opened it, it just opened the normal game for me (Steam version, was the only version i had). i went through with the login bs, and then tabbed to check if VP tab had shown an error or something, it was all going normally. The sequences for the game, the map - Everything. But nothing came in the bp which was open. I had reinstalled VP around 4 times and tried it on many occasions but no success. In the end, I reinstalled game via origin and reinstalled VP yet again and it works normally for me now.

May 8, 2017 at 5:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK

Mr_Immortal8 at May 8, 2017 at 5:32 AM

I'm pretty sure that this happened in steam as this problem occured to me a few days ago. I installed VP, made it a non-steam library game, and when i opened it, it just opened the normal game for me (Steam version, was the only version i had). i went through with the login bs, and then tabbed to check if VP tab had shown an error or something, it was all going normally. The sequences for the game, the map - Everything. But nothing came in the bp which was open. I had reinstalled VP around 4 times and tried it on many occasions but no success. In the end, I reinstalled game via origin and reinstalled VP yet again and it works normally for me now.

Well, there's your problem, you don't make VP into a non steam library game, it's a mod not a game. You run the VP.exe shortcut on your desktop or wherever you put it, NOT through steam.
--

May 8, 2017 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

P3RF_D4RK at May 8, 2017 at 5:12 PM

Well, there's your problem, you don't make VP into a non steam library game, it's a mod not a game. You run the VP.exe shortcut on your desktop or wherever you put it, NOT through steam.

i did that and it works without a problem (i need to run steam as admin so overlay works though). that's for disc/origin version. for steam you just start vp executable and then it boots up the steam game anyway.

May 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK

oleg_aka_djmeg at May 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM

i did that and it works without a problem (i need to run steam as admin so overlay works though). that's for disc/origin version. for steam you just start vp executable and then it boots up the steam game anyway.

That's what I said.
--

May 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404

P3RF_D4RK at May 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM

oleg_aka_djmeg at May 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM

That's what I said.

you said the opposite

--

Steam

Android apps

Origin accounts : raymanano , FaultyUser96

May 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Since there seems to be some confusion, I'll dumb down the contents of these posts.

P3RF said: For the Steam version, there's no need to make a shortcut in Steam, just run the VP desktop shortcut.

oleg said: For the disc/Origin version, add VP as a non-Steam game and run as admin for the overlay. For the Steam version, just run VP.

So there was some overlapping here, but I don't see any point in making a big deal out of it.

May 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
Thanks rubber for simplifying everything. Next time I'll let the experts, who can't understand english, help.
--

May 9, 2017 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.