Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Sticky: Quoting Multiple Posts

burninrubber0

I've had a few people ask about this over the years, figured it's finally time to make a proper thread on it.

Usually, I only make multi-quote posts when necessary, but today we'll use a reply to this thread for convenience.

But first thing's first: warnings. This method is done through HTML editing as the site does interface doesn't support it. Beginners can learn, but may need a bit of time. It works fine, but because quotes are considered by the site as uneditable, quote text and text between quotes cannot be edited once you post; thus, you would have to delete it and repost an edited version instead.

Now that we've gone over that bit, let's start.

The first thing you need to do is open up the HTML editor in the text box. To do this, click .

Next up, find the posts you want to quote and hit "Quote & Reply". Then right click and hit "View page source". This should open a page with the HTML source of the quote.

Now we just copy and paste the source code of the quotes. All quotes use the blockquote tag to begin and end. Just hit Ctrl+F and type "blockquote", then copy it into your post.

If your quote has multiple posts inside, you can remove them and make it a single post simply by removing the data from those other posts, much as you can edit the quotes however you wish, but that's a smaller topic I will cover another time.

Now that we've added the quotes, we can put our own text in. This is done using the paragraph tag, p.

Now that that's done, hit again to return to normal view and make sure it looks right. It won't look normal, but more like this:

If it looks like that, go ahead and post. If all went well, you'll have your multiple quotes!

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

April 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lucifer Khan

Nice work, Rubber. Very useful explanation.

--

April 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404
i got a minor bottleneck, it bothers me in a few games but i don't notice it in most
April 17, 2017 at 2:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404
@rubber you forgot to mention that "view page source" is called "Inspect Element" in firefox
April 17, 2017 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

ERROR 404 at April 17, 2017 at 11:12 AM

@rubber you forgot to mention that "view page source" is called "Inspect Element" in firefox

It should have both.

April 17, 2017 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.