Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Help & Support > Sticky: Vanity Pack Troubleshooting FAQ

burninrubber0

This thread should help people with the more common issues with Vanity Pack 2.0.0 Beta 10. Users are free to add their two cents, because I can't possibly remember all the issues from the past 5 years.

Try these things before anything else:

-Reboot your PC. As any run-of-the-mill IT guy will tell you, rebooting fixes 98% of computer problems. Sometimes rebooting twice can help.

-Turn User Account Control off. VP2 may have trouble when UAC is turned on - the exact opposite of VP 1.5, weirdly enough.

-Run it as an administrator. This applies to both the installer and program. Running without elevation can cause issues.

-Make sure the game is updated. If you're installing off a platform other than Origin or Steam, you will have to manually update your game to 1.1.0.0.

-Make sure you typed in the passwords right. The RAR password is "Paradise" and the installer password is "City". Both case sensitive, and both without quotes.

Useful links:

Vanity Pack 2 MEGA Dropcanvas Dropbox

Unpacked installer MD5: fef2dfe0a7a0bb187dc5b4275062c7bc

7-Zip 32-bit 64-bit

HashMyFiles 32-bit 64-bit

paul.dll and GL.ini Google Drive

And now on to the FAQ part.

Q: Why won't Vanity Pack download?

A: Try disabling your antivirus or adding an exception. How you do this varies depending on which one you have.

Q: Why does WinRAR keep telling me the archive is corrupt, or the password is invalid?

A: Make sure you're saving the file, not just opening it. It should be between 363 and 408 MB. If it's smaller, try redownloading.

Q: Why does the installer say the password is invalid?

A: It could be corrupt. Redownload. If it keeps saying this, disable your antivirus and use HashMyfiles to ensure the installer isn't corrupt. (MD5 above.)

Q: The green bar is stuck at the beginning of the installer. Why?

A: This is normal. The files from the vanilla game are being copied to another directory. The progress bar will start moving once the new files begin copying from the installer.

Q: Vanity Pack won't start - VanityPack.exe is missing

A: The only thing that can do this is an antivirus. Try disabling yours and reinstalling.

Q: Vanity Pack won't start - other

A: Fraps doesn't play nice. Close Fraps and restart it after starting VP. Special characters in the install or savegame path will kill it too. Having Steam installed on a drive other than VP is bad as well.

Q: BurnoutParadise.exe has stopped working

A: Try renaming d3d9.dll in Vanity Pack\Burnout Paradise to d3d9.bak. If this fixes it you will lose the overlay. There has been one report that rolling back the nvidia graphics driver to 376.33 or before will fix this issue.

Q: Burnout won't start - Application load error 5:0000065434

A: If God shines his light upon you it'll be fixed. Or try RV2.

Q: Burnout won't start - CD/DVD not inserted

A: This can be caused by the absence of paul.dll, and fixed by inserting it into Burnout's directory.

Q: Burnout won't start - EC:5571

A: This is caused by the absence of GL.ini, and fixed by inserting it into Burnout's directory.

Q: Vanity Pack says ERROR: corrupt vehiclelist

A: Try turning off UAC if you haven't already. Also try disabling your antivirus before installing.

Q: Vanity Pack is stuck on initializing/map is moved/cars are grey blobs/island is untextured/island has invisible wall

A: Make sure you're logged into the game. You are required to do so as a piracy prevention measure. (Pirated games can't log in.) Also make sure Vanity Pack is starting (a white window will pop up).

This can also be caused by VP not finding data 52 with the Steam version. Google Drive Note: Do not use this if you're not on the Steam version!

Q: Why are my overlay options are moving really slow?

A: Because your PC just isn't up to the task of running VP. Sorry fellas. Edit: ESET antivirus can also cause this issue.

Q: Overlay hotkeys don't work

A: Try hitting the function (Fn) key on your keyboard if there is one.

I have overlooked some for sure, so please feel free to add Qs and I'll stick them in.

For a more general FAQ, check out smilingfrog's: http://burnouthints.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8943360-vanity-pack-2-0-faq

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

March 21, 2017 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

U4Fun

Nice FAQ ;) 8)

March 21, 2017 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0
The Windows 10 Creators Update/Redstone 2/Version 1703/Build 15063.13/whatever other names it has was released today. If you begin experiencing issues after this update, please post here. Thank you.
April 11, 2017 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mingo

burninrubber0 at April 11, 2017 at 11:30 AM

The Windows 10 Creators Update/Redstone 2/Version 1703/Build 15063.13/whatever other names it has was released today. If you begin experiencing issues after this update, please post here. Thank you.

Since I was on the insider version of that build, I would say that I have no issues with it 

--

Because Burnout is love.

April 11, 2017 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Updated with new info and stickied.

March 6, 2018 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

maturel-geo
what is the vanity pack last version and is it working 100% good, no bugs and more shts?
March 15, 2018 at 2:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maturel-geo
becouse when i download vanity pack and install , it crashing game and windows saying to me game not responding.
March 15, 2018 at 2:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maturel-geo

i have problems of vanty pack, can anyone explayin this?

April 1, 2018 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

That's already covered in the first post, under Burnout won't start - EC:5571.

April 2, 2018 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kass1928

About error code 5571. I've added the Gl.ini and now it's asking for a disk witch i don't have. I've also removed Paul.dll. Any suggestiones?

June 11, 2018 at 5:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.