Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > Burnout Paradise - Dev Build

YuneZziZe

Wow this map looks good! But is there a way to get the alpha map?

--

December 3, 2016 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

XAceMillenniumX

Amazing. Who did that work anyways? Frog?

December 3, 2016 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

YuneZziZe at December 3, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Wow this map looks good! But is there a way to get the alpha map?

If you mean the map that has been floating around the web for a while, like this one:

I'm not sure. Whether or not a build like that ever existed is debatable, and I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this image either, no Criterion watermark and low resolution, either leaked or fake IMO. There is a Burnout 5 build from 2006 available, and it is very different indeed, but unless I get copious amounts of donations from the community we will never see that.

The map I ripped from the '08 build, most notably, has an island very similar to the one in the alpha image, with two entrances. AFAIK the southern entrance is actually from I-88 rather than Wildcats like it looks like.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

December 3, 2016 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

Thanks for your answer rubber :)

--

December 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

badelita

oh boy better prep yourselfs

--

dank

December 3, 2016 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Forgot I had a couple videos (not mine) of the '06 build. Here is a picture of the map (from one of the videos):

The cut off section is just the normal map. Here are the full videos for those who want to watch:

https://youtu.be/ksWy-W6pzjE

https://youtu.be/BCtSVGdtjRo

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

December 3, 2016 at 2:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
I would love to be able to lay the road down how and where I want and the scenery auto generate. Like roller coaster tycoon. Both my play and in freeburn.
--

Get Wrecked!

December 3, 2016 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

If we are sharing some cool stuff i'm maybe gonna make a tutorial for skin editing works with VP and without texmod ^^

--

December 3, 2016 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
Will I be able to put a rebel flag on any car?
--

Get Wrecked!

December 4, 2016 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

fred_from_France at December 4, 2016 at 8:21 AM

Will I be able to put a rebel flag on any car?

Yes

--

December 4, 2016 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

Oh I forgot that rubber have to agree with that ^^ if he doesn't agree, no tutorial for skin editing will be out ;/

--

December 4, 2016 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

You don't need my stamp of approval; as long as the forum rules aren't broken, it's outside my jurisdiction. And luckily for everyone here, I have no intention of going on a power trip. If I do, I expect you to contact TWF or U4Fun immediately.

Also, confirmed, fred is Bo Duke's French cousin.

--

December 4, 2016 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

Fine, tutorial gonna be out be patient !

--

December 4, 2016 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
Daisy's Dukes lover!
--

Get Wrecked!

December 4, 2016 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

XAceMillenniumX

The build is interesting. It was possible to switch within wheels instead of having a locked wheel. Some parts of the game were really different from Paradise City's final version.

December 4, 2016 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

XAceMillenniumX

Also, about releasing new contents, i might try to convert some of the B3 (Burnout 3) vehicles to BP (Burnout Paradise). Their structure is simple and the files are not even protected by headers. They are all exposed, all i need to do is understand what the values represent. I won't do that now, as i currently don't have free time for that and i still not in vacation.

December 4, 2016 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Check first post again. I will be posting all future updates there, so make sure to check back every day or so.

--

December 4, 2016 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
As a totally noob, can someone explain what this new map means, can it be used for VP or will this be a new mod, I like to know all the possibilities...
--

Get your ass on discord!

December 5, 2016 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

it means that there was something in the works but it got changed before release.

--

December 5, 2016 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Whether it will be released at all is still something I'm debating. BSI is at least somewhat widespread, but if I port this map there will be an entire other island that people can't access, and I guarantee that the users of VP, RV, and vanilla will not enjoy the cheaters in a marked man.

Then there's the actual porting. I'm ok-ish at most of it. But when it comes to the map, I have absolutely no idea what the format is, much less how to port it. I've requested frog's help, but the chances of a response are slim. Perhaps Pashok or DGI could help, but idk if Pashok is still active or if DGI has looked into the map at all.

As for your specific question - VP compat is a big no because of modding protection. RV may work, but you'll lose BSI. So this will be a standalone mod, though I intend to have it use the same vehicle finishes as RV2, and will certainly not include the original files or IDs due to crashing others' games.

EDIT: Forget what I said about the map porting. I hadn't tried porting it yet and had only looked at the file in hex. Premature conclusions are bad.

--

December 5, 2016 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.