Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > General Gaming Discussion > B.O.P. Youtube and Copyright Claims

fred_from_France
About a month ago I posted a video https://youtu.be/G4aSvQsEBlo of some B.O.P. challenges and monetized it with the standard YouTube monetization. All most immediately a website named "CD Baby" filed a copyright claim there fore collecting any money my video makes so I filed a dispute and won. Now here it is a month later and I got another email from YouTube stating a copyright claim has been filed on this video https://youtu.be/MsjkK4Ex_z4 by guess who, "CD Baby"! This claim is currently being disputed. Questions: 1. Have you had "CD Baby" file any copyright claims on your video's? 2. Did you dispute their claim and did you win? jrrdw
--

Get Wrecked!

November 22, 2016 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

fred_from_France at November 22, 2016 at 5:10 PM

About a month ago I posted a video https://youtu.be/G4aSvQsEBlo of some B.O.P. challenges and monetized it with the standard YouTube monetization. All most immediately a website named "CD Baby" filed a copyright claim there fore collecting any money my video makes so I filed a dispute and won. Now here it is a month later and I got another email from YouTube stating a copyright claim has been filed on this video https://youtu.be/MsjkK4Ex_z4 by guess who, "CD Baby"! This claim is currently being disputed. Questions: 1. Have you had "CD Baby" file any copyright claims on your video's? 2. Did you dispute their claim and did you win? jrrdw

That sounds very odd considering Cd Baby is a music distributing site, maybe you used a song copyrighted by them?

--

November 22, 2016 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

To make any money you have to get tons of views. For instance, over the past 4 years I've had hundreds of thousands of views on monetized videos. Do you know how much they've earned me? $3.61.

But that aside, back to your question. CD Baby holds no copyright over anything in your video. I uploaded the entire BP soundtrack twice and never got any claims from them, but you don't even have music playing so it doesn't matter, there's nothing for them to copyright.

Just file a dispute, and if they reject it, appeal it and ignore the big legal warnings YouTube gives you.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

November 22, 2016 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
Won the dispute! "Hi jrrdw, Good news! After reviewing your dispute, CD Baby has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video. Video title: "Free Burning" If you earned any money during the dispute, you should receive that money as part of your next YouTube payment. - The YouTube Team" I can only imagine how much CD Baby rakes in on undisputed claims...
--

Get Wrecked!

November 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

XAceMillenniumX

fred_from_France at November 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Won the dispute! "Hi jrrdw, Good news! After reviewing your dispute, CD Baby has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video. Video title: "Free Burning" If you earned any money during the dispute, you should receive that money as part of your next YouTube payment. - The YouTube Team" I can only imagine how much CD Baby rakes in on undisputed claims...

CD Baby is corrupt.

November 23, 2016 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

badelita

XAceMillenniumX at November 23, 2016 at 7:16 PM

fred_from_France at November 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM

CD Baby is corrupt.

the youtube copyright claiming system is broken

--

dank

November 24, 2016 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

i received 2 copyright claims from those fagets and both times the provided timestamp was at the moment when i turn on the police siren. fucking dubstep.

--

November 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France

oleg_aka_djmeg at November 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM

i received 2 copyright claims from those fagets and both times the provided timestamp was at the moment when i turn on the police siren. fucking dubstep.

Did you dispute them?
--

Get Wrecked!

November 25, 2016 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

oleg_aka_djmeg

yes

--

November 28, 2016 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.