Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > Vanity Pack 2.0.0 beta 10 with Windows 10 -Issue

Groxy
Hi. Does anyone know what this following error is about? Can I fix it somehow or what to do? I used to play with Vanity pack on Windows 7 and it worked fine, however, changing to Windows 10 caused an issue. Vanity pack installed fine but when I try to start it it goes on little bit, then comes black screen of the game when it is about to start but instantly crashes afterwards. On log this error came up: Remote allocation failed : ["vanity_core.rb:5904:in `vanity'", "VanityPack.rbw:223:in `block in run'", "VanityPack.rbw:541:in `block in needle'", "win32ole.rb:13:in `call'", "win32ole.rb:13:in `block in initialize'"]
August 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Arachno41
Seeing the name of the topic, I almost believed that a new version of VP. P.S. Sorry, i don't use Windows 10, can't help you.
August 12, 2016 at 3:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0
Try renaming d3d9.dll (in the game folder) to d3d9.bak. Overlay will disappear, but if this fixes the issue, you won't be able to use it anyway.
--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

August 12, 2016 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404

Groxy at August 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Hi. Does anyone know what this following error is about? Can I fix it somehow or what to do? I used to play with Vanity pack on Windows 7 and it worked fine, however, changing to Windows 10 caused an issue. Vanity pack installed fine but when I try to start it it goes on little bit, then comes black screen of the game when it is about to start but instantly crashes afterwards. On log this error came up: Remote allocation failed : ["vanity_core.rb:5904:in `vanity'", "VanityPack.rbw:223:in `block in run'", "VanityPack.rbw:541:in `block in needle'", "win32ole.rb:13:in `call'", "win32ole.rb:13:in `block in initialize'"]

That problem isn't caused by windows 10

It's caused by :

• Running vp as admin (or running steam as admin then launching vp through steam)
  • Running vp with compatiblity mode

August 12, 2016 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Groxy
Thanks for your replies & help. I tried removing the "run as administrator" and compatibility mode with win 7. I remember it didn't work at first place and that's why I placed those exceptions but anyways, it seems to be working now and no need to replace file names. Now I got to play again. :) Thanks.
August 13, 2016 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Groxy
Now a new problem came up. Cop car sounds are like so low that you can barely hear them, toy car sounds sound like higher and lower volume and weird, and when I hit boost with Toy GT Nighthawk, game crashes. Not sure what else cars' boost might crash too, but as far as I tested, this one caused crash atleast. EDIT: Not sure if it is about that patch I forgot to install when I reinstalled the game. I installed Vanity Pack straight onto BP without starting BP itself first. Going to look into this now.
August 13, 2016 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Groxy
Yup. It was that patch. Now works perfectly again.
August 13, 2016 at 7:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EagleO1

Groxy at August 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Hey Groxy how do you install and run the Vanity Pack installer? I have it on windows 10 as well, and it keeps asking rto choose an app to run the program. Do I need a windows 8 compatability program or something?

September 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NerovasLP

hi i have a problem with teh vanity pack its starting and now to loading its crashing i no idea to fix ths

November 6, 2016 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

NerovasLP at November 6, 2016 at 2:45 PM

hi i have a problem with teh vanity pack its starting and now to loading its crashing i no idea to fix ths

Oh hi speedhacker :D, what's up? Still being a child when you get taken down?

--

November 6, 2016 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred_from_France
I was having problems with the game starting up then I noticed my anti virus (Norton 360, provided by Xfinity) was grabbing a file during install that was needed to start the game. Once I restored that file and excluded it from future scans. VP has been starting and working just fine. I'm running Windows 10, Home Edition, 64bit.
--

Get Wrecked!

November 7, 2016 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Offline Gamer

YuneZziZe at November 6, 2016 at 8:00 PM

NerovasLP at November 6, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Oh hi speedhacker :D, what's up? Still being a child when you get taken down?

Lots of people act like children after being taken down. Are you any different?

--

The size of your takedown total is inversely proportional to the size of your penis

November 7, 2016 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
Not that it's applicable to everyone's issues but Nvidia latest drivers are absolute garbage, if you're getting flickering or black screen revert to previous driver, it sure ain't going to help things.
--
November 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mingo

P3RF_D4RK at November 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Not that it's applicable to everyone's issues but Nvidia latest drivers are absolute garbage, if you're getting flickering or black screen revert to previous driver, it sure ain't going to help things.

The only times I get flickering or black screens is during the installation itself.

--

Because Burnout is love.

November 7, 2016 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

Results will vary between different cards guys...

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

November 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.