Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > RV2 Beta is Available for Testing

T-lespieler

PASHOK_M_OVE at October 14, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Semutkuning at October 14, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Phew finally completed the last of the RV2 challenges, the dreaded +4K flatspin followed by the x12 barrel rolls. Thanks to Satyr77 :D

Am at 645 challenge now, the elusive one, as usual, is the bike challenge :lol:

I spent two weeks for the removal of parts from Toy Citizen. Unfortunately parts of Civilian can not be decreased to the toy sizes. Therefore, in the next version will be only 2 new toys.
Now I began to create a new challenge pack. I have 20 not used slots for community challenges. Anyone can write the challenge that you want to see in game. Places and actions only from existing challenges (for example: "Land a barrel on top of the dam" or "Get 40 takedowns on the top floor of the 3rd Street Shopping Mall"). And maybe I'll add it to RV2.4.

Here are some ideas for challenges using areas used in former challenges:

- 40 Takedowns on the roof of the DJR Sports Centre

- 20 vertical takedowns from BSI Crash TV Ski Mega Jump

- Part 1: 100 Barrel rolls off the mega jump on top of Shires Construction Site (used in 2nd part of "Walk the plank"), Part 2: 100 Barrel rolls off the mega jump on top floor in Inspiral Car Park

- Part 1: 12 vertical takedowns over Nelson Way Gas Station, Part 2: 12 vertical takedowns while jumping through Rock Arch at North Mountain Drive (used e.g. in "Rock around the clock")

- 100 Barrel rolls on South Bay Expressway Bridge

- Part 1: 20 Barrel rolls on top platform of Rockridge dam, Part 2: each player perform a vertical takedown on middle platform of the dam (used in Platform form)

- Part 1: Drift 10.000 yards on WEST side car park of Angus Wharf, Part 2: 12 vertical takedowns while jumping from EAST to WEST side of car park on Angus Wharf

- Part 1: Every driver must do a vertical takedown while double-barrel rolliing from Read Lane Ramp, Part 2: Every driver must do a vertical takedown while double-barrel rolling in the Quarry

- Part 1: Do 40 vertical takedowns while jumping from the Webster Av Car Park to the roof of the train yard (e.g. Jump For Webster), Part 2: Do 40 vertical takedowns while jumping the mega jump off the Webster Avenue Car Park

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another idea for a challenge  (not all used in challenges before, so maybe not possible) - analogous to "smash all 160 Billboards"

All players must drive on all top floors of the 12 yellow car parks, see  http://burnout.wikia.com/wiki/Paradise_City_Yellow_Sign_Car_Parks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally another idea for the general gameplay

Russian Vanity Pack is consequently checking "Contributed Most" resp. "Finishes first" in challenges. Why not incorporating these "wins of a challenge" to the wins in "FREEBURN GAMES" category of Today's Best. This means, all players that have a "Share the spot"/"Contributed most"/"Finishes first" get another win in the Freeburn Games, identical to the winning of Road Rage or Marked Man game.

Could be interesting to see after some hours in a room, who won the most games (challenges *AND* freeburn games).

October 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

P3RF_D4RK at October 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM

I still wish we could fly the toy plane and helicopter. Aerial view on people playing would be awesome.

Or just a camera hack for vertical view.

--

October 14, 2015 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK

Bossatronial at October 14, 2015 at 5:36 PM

I still wish we could fly the toy plane and helicopter. Aerial view on people playing would be awesome.

Good thinking, 99! :p
--
October 14, 2015 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

P3RF_D4RK at October 14, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Bossatronial at October 14, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Good thinking, 99! :p

Thanks

--

October 14, 2015 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

glide

do a barrel roll.

October 14, 2015 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

glide at October 14, 2015 at 5:45 PM

do a barrel roll.

Too hard

--

October 14, 2015 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

XAceMillenniumX

T-lespieler at October 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Phew finally completed the last of the RV2 challenges, the dreaded +4K flatspin followed by the x12 barrel rolls. Thanks to Satyr77 :D

I spent two weeks for the removal of parts from Toy Citizen. Unfortunately parts of Civilian can not be decreased to the toy sizes. Therefore, in the next version will be only 2 new toys.
Now I began to create a new challenge pack. I have 20 not used slots for community challenges. Anyone can write the challenge that you want to see in game. Places and actions only from existing challenges (for example: "Land a barrel on top of the dam" or "Get 40 takedowns on the top floor of the 3rd Street Shopping Mall"). And maybe I'll add it to RV2.4.

- Part 1: 100 Barrel rolls off the mega jump on top of Shires Construction Site (used in 2nd part of "Walk the plank"), Part 2: 100 Barrel rolls off the mega jump on top floor in Inspiral Car Park

- Part 1: 12 vertical takedowns over Nelson Way Gas Station, Part 2: 12 vertical takedowns while jumping through Rock Arch at North Mountain Drive (used e.g. in "Rock around the clock")

- Part 1: 20 Barrel rolls on top platform of Rockridge dam, Part 2: each player perform a vertical takedown on middle platform of the dam (used in Platform form)

- Part 1: Drift 10.000 yards on WEST side car park of Angus Wharf, Part 2: 12 vertical takedowns while jumping from EAST to WEST side of car park on Angus Wharf

- Part 1: Every driver must do a vertical takedown while double-barrel rolliing from Read Lane Ramp, Part 2: Every driver must do a vertical takedown while double-barrel rolling in the Quarry

- Part 1: Do 40 vertical takedowns while jumping from the Webster Av Car Park to the roof of the train yard (e.g. Jump For Webster), Part 2: Do 40 vertical takedowns while jumping the mega jump off the Webster Avenue Car Park

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another idea for a challenge  (not all used in challenges before, so maybe not possible) - analogous to "smash all 160 Billboards"

All players must drive on all top floors of the 12 yellow car parks, see  http://burnout.wikia.com/wiki/Paradise_City_Yellow_Sign_Car_Parks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russian Vanity Pack is consequently checking "Contributed Most" resp. "Finishes first" in challenges. Why not incorporating these "wins of a challenge" to the wins in "FREEBURN GAMES" category of Today's Best. This means, all players that have a "Share the spot"/"Contributed most"/"Finishes first" get another win in the Freeburn Games, identical to the winning of Road Rage or Marked Man game.

Could be interesting to see after some hours in a room, who won the most games (challenges *AND* freeburn games).

I don't know if "add contributed most", "finishes first" can be incorporated as wins, Cops 'N' Robbers' Freeburn Game couldn't be added to Vanity Pack nor Russian Vanity because it's server only, meaning that it could only be added by Criterion Games since the servers has to be updated in order to add a new Freeburn Game, new challanges can be created because they make part from the contents located on the game.

--
October 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

T-lespieler at October 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Thank you. I'll add some parts of these challenges

October 15, 2015 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

I have a question when using RV2 on BSI when I drive through the gas stations and auto repairs thae car automatically

turns to the right. Does this happen to anyone else?

October 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

Bossatronial at October 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM

I have a question when using RV2 on BSI when I drive through the gas stations and auto repairs thae car automatically

Its ok. Because not full BSI data converted

October 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

PASHOK_M_OVE at October 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Bossatronial at October 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Its ok. Because not full BSI data converted

Ok thanks thought I installed something wrong.

--

October 15, 2015 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

C4PT41N BOMB4RD

I installed this mod, but when I launch Burnout Paradise, I get stuck on the first loading screen that appears, with the Big Surf Island stamp. Any help?

October 17, 2015 at 7:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

C4PT41N BOMB4RD at October 17, 2015 at 7:21 PM

I installed this mod, but when I launch Burnout Paradise, I get stuck on the first loading screen that appears, with the Big Surf Island stamp. Any help?

Copy the contents of the folder, not the folder itself.

--

October 17, 2015 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

C4PT41N BOMB4RD

Yup thanks I realised that now haha, one more issue, I cannot retrieve the traffic cars without turning into a cavarly... I also noticed that this was missing a lot of the beta traffic cars such as the train.

October 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bossatronial

C4PT41N BOMB4RD at October 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Yup thanks I realised that now haha, one more issue, I cannot retrieve the traffic cars without turning into a cavarly... I also noticed that this was missing a lot of the beta traffic cars such as the train.

I cannot help you with the cavalry issue, but I don't think that those traffic cars came with rv2.

--

October 18, 2015 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

C4PT41N BOMB4RD at October 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Use SaveGame Patcher

October 18, 2015 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

C4PT41N BOMB4RD

Can I add those vehicles to my save without the mod??

October 19, 2015 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

C4PT41N BOMB4RD at October 19, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Can I add those vehicles to my save without the mod??

Yeah. If you know how to hack it

October 19, 2015 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

C4PT41N BOMB4RD

well, that's a problem then, I don't. haha

October 20, 2015 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

C4PT41N BOMB4RD

For some reason, the russian vanity hasn't worked well for me anyway which is the reason I got the other vanity pack instead. I chose this one solely for the Heli, plane, train etc. but then obviously found out that some of these scenery vehicles were missing. I also wasn't able to select traffic cars without being put into a cavalry. I will most likely download the latest update for this when it's out to try it again, hopefully it will have the train and the other two RVs.

Keep up the good work anyways.

P.s. How would the savegame patcher actually help with getting the rest of the scenery vehicles? 

October 20, 2015 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.