Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > RV2 Beta is Available for Testing

ERROR 404

PASHOK_M_OVE at May 20, 2015 at 5:09 AM

ERROR 404 at May 20, 2015 at 4:23 AM

my game crashes while choosing bugatti veyron , ford fiesta , buick gnx and lada 2107

Which version of the game you are using? This vehicles have protection and worked on RV2B2 only

disc version

--

Steam

Origin accounts : raymanano , FaultyUser96

May 20, 2015 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

ERROR 404 at May 20, 2015 at 5:50 AM

my game crashes while choosing bugatti veyron , ford fiesta , buick gnx and lada 2107

Which version of the game you are using? This vehicles have protection and worked on RV2B2 only

disc version

I checked the loading data of these vehicles on all versions. It's ok. Perhaps you try to use them separately from RV2

May 20, 2015 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404

PASHOK_M_OVE at May 20, 2015 at 5:56 AM

disc version

I checked the loading data of these vehicles on all versions. It's ok. Perhaps you try to use them separately from RV2

I didn't understand this "Perhaps you try to use them separately from RV2"
May 20, 2015 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

ERROR 404 at May 20, 2015 at 6:10 AM

PASHOK_M_OVE at May 20, 2015 at 5:56 AM

disc version

I didn't understand this "Perhaps you try to use them separately from RV2"

This problem can not be in RV2 Beta 2. If it is, then crash will be on all vehicles! You are trying to use these 4 cars in another mod. It is not possible. Only if you create them anew

May 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404

problem fixed. steam was launching beta 1 launcher

--

Steam

Origin accounts : raymanano , FaultyUser96

May 21, 2015 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chrisracer8903

I have 2 questions about this pack:

1.) Will RV2 work if I already have Smilingfrog's latest version of the Vanity Pack installed? If not, what do I need to do that will not lose my profile?

2.) Will RV2 work with the United States CD version of the game?

Thank you in advance.

June 14, 2015 at 2:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

Chrisracer8903 at June 14, 2015 at 2:27 AM

I have 2 questions about this pack:

1.) Will RV2 work if I already have Smilingfrog's latest version of the Vanity Pack installed? If not, what do I need to do that will not lose my profile?

2.) Will RV2 work with the United States CD version of the game?

Thank you in advance.

1) Yes. RV2 dont replace original (and Vanity Pack) files
2) Yes

June 14, 2015 at 4:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CrackedCrafterz

could you maybe every time an update comes write a changelog?

--

My OrginID Alexander88207

My Youtube-Channel http://goo.gl/o3mYPr

June 17, 2015 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CrackedCrafterz

Mega.co.nz file from Beta 2 Deleted

--

My OrginID Alexander88207

My Youtube-Channel http://goo.gl/o3mYPr

June 17, 2015 at 8:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

CrackedCrafterz at June 17, 2015 at 7:41 AM

could you maybe every time an update comes write a changelog?

Full changelog in RV2ReadMe file. I will upload it separately

--

Russian Vanity 2.3.1: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1u3AvkonJ6XZTZpajd0WlByWHc

Changelog:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1u3AvkonJ6XWmxIcl85Nm51RXM

New vehicles and features you can see there:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RussianVanity2

June 17, 2015 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

CrackedCrafterz at June 17, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Mega.co.nz file from Beta 2 Deleted

Mentioned this in Skype a while back, it got removed for copyright infringement. The backup Dropcanvas canvas expired quite a while ago, too. Pashok doesn't do anything with the links until the next beta comes out though.

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

June 18, 2015 at 3:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

YuneZziZe

Im gonna re upload the RV2 with mega I have the RV2 Winrar folder :) Just whait   bit :D

June 22, 2015 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
I'm experiencing de ja vu again with the new RV2 and I don't know if it's because I'm installing it wrong (again) or because it's a problem with steam. Sorry, I know I posted this help before. Anyway, I tell you what I did. I made a backup copy of burnout folder and extracted all the contents from RV2 folder into the burnout folder; RV2 files, including the vehicle, gui folders, etc. (am I meant to extract these folders? it overwrites the existing folders). Then extracted the steam burnout exe from RV2 to burnout folder. I already have a Russian Vanity 2 save with latest burnout save file. All good to go. I try starting the Russian Vanity exe but I get 'insert disc' , bla bla bla... I remember that this happened last time so I start burnout exe and it loads the Russian Vanity Pack, all cars are there, everything is working normally, the only problem is I get 'Vanity Pack is initialising' flashing on top. Is this normal? Also, I had to re-enter my EA password. Why? I was already connected online with Vanity Pack before. When I tried starting Vanity Pack again, I had to log into EA again? and it instead started the RV2; this time the menu wasn't displayed but all RV2 cars were there. So basically, having the RV2 files with the VP files in the same burnout folder is conflicting each other. Therefore, I need 2 burnout folders for RV2 and VP for it to work properly. The only problem is I have to rename both burnout folders, each time I swap from VP to RV2 as you can't have the same folder name. Sorry for the long post but I need to explain it the best way I can. Also I posted on my phone so there is no line breaks.
--
June 25, 2015 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Semutkuning

^

In my case the file structure of the Burnout Paradise (original), Vanity Pack and RV files are as follow :

Vanity Pack (smiling frog's version) :

Program Files (x86)\Vanity Pack : contains the executable file VanityPack.exe and other folders (backup, bin, lib, Burnout(TM) Paradise The Ultimate Box, logs, etc)

The original Burnout Paradise files reside in :

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Burnout Paradise -> this is where I copied the content of RV2 folder (which you can find in the RussianVanity2.7z file) to (Note : copy just the content of the RV2 folder). So in this folder I have both the RussianVanity.exe and also the BurnoutParadise.exe (original game exe file).

Then I created a shortcut for the RussianVanity.exe and another one for the BurnoutParadise.exe (to play the non-modded game). Also another one for the VanityPack.exe (original non-modded game) file. Note that the VanityPack.exe resides in a different folder.

To play RV or VP or the Original game I execute the corresponding shortcuts.

Son in my case there is no need to rename any folder or any file at all.

I'm using Origin btw, in relation to your earlier post, I might add that the game was first bought on Steam (by a relative), IIRC it was the humble bundle, and then redeemed for free on Origin :)

June 25, 2015 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK
Thanks for replying Semu. When you say copy content from RV2 folder does that include the vehicle, gui folders, etc. or just the Rv2 files?
--
June 25, 2015 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Semutkuning

P3RF_D4RK at June 25, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Thanks for replying Semu. When you say copy content from RV2 folder does that include the vehicle, gui folders, etc. or just the Rv2 files?

Everything.  Just Ctrl+A inside the RV2 folder and copy to the burnout paradise game (original) folder.  The said folders are : Engines, GUIAPTRV2, Language, LUA, Props, Sounds, Vehicles, Videos, and Wheels.

Don't worry about the RV2 folders name being identical with the original ones, ALL the files in RV2 and its subfolders have  the .RV2 extension (and one file with the .RV extension).  These extensions (RV and RV2) are not used by any of the files in the original game. To uninstall RV simply search and delete all occurrences of Rv2 and Rv files .

HTH :)

June 25, 2015 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

annailator
Where is the helicopter and veyron??
June 30, 2015 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

annailator at June 30, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Where is the helicopter and veyron??

They are missing without a connection to Paradise servers

July 1, 2015 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Semutkuning

Completed all 3 players challenges.

Still to do : 5 of 2 player challenges, and 15 of the bike challenges.

Still practicing for flatspin 360 + x2 Barrel roll, Flatspin 4000 deg & x12 Barrel roll, and meeting on the hoops 

July 3, 2015 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

west

Semutkuning at July 3, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Completed all 3 players challenges.

Still to do : 5 of 2 player challenges, and 15 of the bike challenges.

Still practicing for flatspin 360 + x2 Barrel roll, Flatspin 4000 deg & x12 Barrel roll, and meeting on the hoops 

Easy :P

I still need these one ,

RVFBC084

*Lighthouse Party:

-(Part 1 of 2) Meet up on the top of the Lighthouse.

-(Part 2 of 2) Meet up on the bottom of the Lighthouse.

July 4, 2015 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.