Burnout Hints

Accelerate to the head of the pack...

Forums

Forum Home > Hacks & MODs > RV2 Beta is Available for Testing

PASHOK_M_OVE

Check RV2ReadMe file before using.

Mod features:

-11 Sponsor cars + The Chrome Car (earlier available only on consoles, read RV2ReadME for full cars list);
-35 police cars from the Cops & Robbers DLC pack, including ones removed in release version (earlier available only on consoles, read RV2ReadME for full cars list);
-Big Surf Island addon (released for consoles only), includes: new map, 75 smash gates, 45 Burnout billboards, 15 super jumps, 10 online challenges for 2 players, 9 new cars (read RV2ReadME for full cars list);
-DLC cars unlocked (Toys, Legendary Cars, Boost Specials);
-42 traffic cars;
-Over 10 new vehicles driving in the city, such as: Tractor, Helicopter, etc. (read RV2ReadME for full cars list);
-Over 15 new Russian Vanity cars, such as: Extreme Olympus, Rai-Jin SuperTurbo, police versions of toy cars etc. (read RV2ReadME for full cars list);
-New cars from other games (read RV2ReadME for full cars list);
-New community finishes (read RV2ReadME for full finishes list);
-Over 100 new online freeburn challenges for 2 and 3 players (Can be completed if all players have Russian Vanity 2);
-New HUD (taken from older versions of the game);
-And much more.

*How to install:
-Copy the RV2 folder content in the game folder. Launch RussianVanity.exe.
-To use your own save, copy the files from folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise\" into "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Criterion Games\Russian Vanity 2\" (100% save recommended. You can also use SaveGame Patcher.)

*Mod requires the 1.1.0.0 version of the game(license). Steam/Origin versions were not tested.

*Deletion: delete .RV2 files from the game folder.

*Beta version differs from the final only by lack of content.

Download link to last beta in signature or in this profile http://burnouthints.webs.com/apps/profile/51033468/

--

Russian Vanity 2.3.1: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1u3AvkonJ6XZTZpajd0WlByWHc

Changelog:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1u3AvkonJ6XWmxIcl85Nm51RXM

New vehicles and features you can see there:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RussianVanity2

December 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

XxPR0_HuNTeRzXx

Downloading now, I can probably test the steam version if you want. ^^

--

December 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melex

Very good work.

RV2 with Steam Burnout Paradise dont work.

Without Orgin / Steam RV2 working good.

+ New Cars

+ Island

- In online Rooms you cant change cars ( 2 from 10 aviable)

more tests later.

--

December 19, 2014 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Semutkuning

Using Origin version here. The first time I managed to pass the login screen.  I've got the completed 102% save file, but somehow running the RV2 I had to start again from 0, gotta watch that long initial movie. As usual the game start me off with the cavalry, went to the repair station, went back to the junkyard and then the game froze.  Tried again and the game froze at the loading screen right after the logging screen. 

So it's no go with the origin version, my version of origin at least.

PS : those challenges ... man they are true hardcore stuff lol

December 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

Semutkuning at December 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Using Origin version here. The first time I managed to pass the login screen.  I've got the completed 102% save file, but somehow running the RV2 I had to start again from 0, gotta watch that long initial movie. As usual the game start me off with the cavalry, went to the repair station, went back to the junkyard and then the game froze.  Tried again and the game froze at the loading screen right after the logging screen. 

Check RV2ReadMe about using own saves

December 20, 2014 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Semutkuning

PASHOK_M_OVE at December 20, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Semutkuning at December 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Check RV2ReadMe about using own saves

Ah yes, I missed the step to copy the burnout paradise folder to RV2 folder.

Will try again later, really looking forward to try the chopper and see the aerial-drone view of the paradise world.

Thanks Pashok, great job !

December 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis0ne

Melex, DLC cars are not there because they aren't completely unlocked yet (i believe at least). A friend of mine has the same problem. 

December 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

SaveGame pather can unlock all vehicles
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8n1g61jqfsjo5pr/Burnout+Paradise+SaveGame+Patcher.rar

December 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melex

Thank you, now it works.   The Plane is funny... lol

--

December 21, 2014 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK

So does this work with Steam or not?

--

I only lurk in discord

December 21, 2014 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CrackedCrafterz

Thanks for this!

Its make so much fun :D

--

My OrginID Alexander88207

My Youtube-Channel http://goo.gl/o3mYPr

December 22, 2014 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404

P3RF_D4RK at December 21, 2014 at 9:01 PM

it doesn't work with steam
December 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK

ERROR 404 at December 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Will steam be supported in next update please? Also why doesnt it have a self installer like VP to make it easier? The instructions arent clear. Copy the RV2 folder content in the game folder. Do you mean copy/paste file contents of RV2 to Burnout game folder? Or just copy RV2 folder to Burnout game folder? Then someone posts it didnt work because they forgot to put the Burnout game folder in RV2???  Why wasnt this included in the instructions then? Then it says Deletion: delete .RV2 files from the game folder. ??? Maybe, I just wait for next VP...

--

I only lurk in discord

December 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Semutkuning

P3RF_D4RK at December 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM

ERROR 404 at December 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Will steam be supported in next update please? Also why doesnt it have a self installer like VP to make it easier? The instructions arent clear. Copy the RV2 folder content in the game folder. Do you mean copy/paste file contents of RV2 to Burnout game folder? Or just copy RV2 folder to Burnout game folder? Then someone posts it didnt work because they forgot to put the Burnout game folder in RV2???  Why wasnt this included in the instructions then? Then it says Deletion: delete .RV2 files from the game folder. ??? Maybe, I just wait for next VP...

I finally manage to run it correctly  :D

Here's what you do :

1) Copy just the contents of RV2 folder to Burnout game folder. This is the folder that contains the exe files : BurnoutConfigTool.exe, BurnoutLauncher.exe, BurnoutParadise.exe.

I'm using Origin so the contents of the RV2 folder go to the "Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Burnout Paradise" folder.

If you just do this step, you'd start over from the beginning. 

2) If you want to use your own save with its completion percentage, then go to "users/[username]/AppData/Local/Criterion Games/" folder (this is the default user game folder, if you're using windows 7). This is if you're using Origin.  If you're using Steam , then I suppose you'd need to use the Steam user game folder.

In this folder you have the "Burnout Paradise" folder (which contains your save files).  Create another folder named "Russian Vanity 2", then copy everything in "Burnout Paradise" folder to the newly created "Russian Vanity 2" folder. 

That's it.

On a different subject, I do miss the ability to change the boost fade, and the ability to change cars outside the junkyards hehehe

PS : oh I forgot to add, you can access the various DLC cars without signing on to the server.  Usually the DLC cars are not accessible if you don't logon to the game server.

December 23, 2014 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

burninrubber0

The next VP may not be coming at all, DFGT. Since you want clearer install instructions: copy the contents of the RV2 folder into your Burnout folder. That's all you have to do, unless you'll keep a backup of your vanilla game somewhere else, which I highly recommend.

Also, most people don't read the readme, where it says RV2 has a different save folder. Pretty important info.

As for the Steam game not working, it worked for me in Alpha 3, IDK how it wouldn't in Beta 1.

Edit: I've had the browser open on this page long enough for someone else to post without it showing on the webpage that was loaded...

--

YouTube channel: burninrubber0. You'll find road rules and challenges there, along with the occasional full soundtrack of a racing game.

Steam profile: burninrubber0. If you need help with anything Burnout-related, don't hesitate to add me. Be aware that if I don't see Burnout in your Steam library, your friend request will be declined. If you own a non-Steam copy of the game, send me a message on this site before adding me.

December 23, 2014 at 2:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK

Thanks Burninrubber0 and Semutkuning for your kind help. I did everything you said but when I launch the RussianVanity.exe i get message: Wrong disc inserted. Please insert the original "Burnout Paradise Ultimate" CD/DVD.

--

I only lurk in discord

December 23, 2014 at 5:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PASHOK_M_OVE

You can install disc version (Demo version in website downloads) and activate using key from steam

December 23, 2014 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Burnout51_br

I found a problem, sometimes my friends who are logged in Criterion network not appear as if they are using online VP2.0.0 .not know if any friend still uses the Burnout without the mod .just who are using RV2.0 appear as "friends playing burnout "is not always, I only know that I have friends online when entering a room that has not been created by me .where can see play but says there is no online friends. ps, to me it is not problem and I use the steam to know who is online and playing at the time, my game and not steam and Origin

--

December 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ERROR 404

@b51

it's a bug in burnout not in VP2 or RV2. It happened to me a long time ago before VP1.5. The only fix is to remove them and add them again

December 24, 2014 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

P3RF_D4RK

PASHOK_M_OVE at December 23, 2014 at 5:22 AM

You can install disc version (Demo version in website downloads) and activate using key from steam

I tried installing the demo but it tells me to remove Burnout (TM) Paradise The Ultimate Box installed on my computer, presumably its the steam version (I also have cracked Burnout) as steam has the (TM) in title.

So I cant risk my steam burnout being removed. I did look at Origin and its on sale for $10 but I refuse to pay for the game again. I read somewhere that EA games bought on steam were free on Origin since EA own Origin but I cant see any evidence of that .

I tried downloading Origin client but for some reason my Origin ID (I redemed Amazon DLC on Origin while back) was not being accepted even though on the website it is. People have said Origin clent is screwy and I dont doubt it. So Im back on square one again. I really hope RV2 will work on steam next update. I wish it was simples...

--

I only lurk in discord

December 25, 2014 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.